(Minghui.org) When I first met my daughter’s mother-in-law in January 1992, she was in her 50s, and lived in an apartment that had central heat. However, she wore layers of clothing, including a heavy jacket and winter hat. All her windows were sealed with padding to keep the draft out. Yet, she still said she felt cold. She mentioned she took several types of medicines daily, but nothing made her feel well. She appeared to have health issues.

I didn't see her again, until a year later at my daughter’s wedding. She looked completely different. I was surprised at how young and healthy she looked. I asked her how she made such a quick recovery. She replied it was because she began practicing Falun Dafa, but I doubted what she said. She told me that she saw a difference in her appearance on the first day of Falun Dafa practice. I remained skeptical.

In the winter of 1995, I developed a cough that caused me to frequently take time off from work. The symptoms progressed because I didn't seek proper and timely medical treatment. I coughed frequently, coughing up a lot of blood, and was hospitalized. In the following years, I was in and out hospitals a lot and eventually I had to retire early.

My daughter’s mother-in-law mother repeatedly advised me to practice following Falun Dafa, but I would not listen, and had all kinds of excuses. In fact, I was poisoned by atheism. I did not believe what she said regarding the goodness of Falun Dafa and the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of adherents.

One day, she visited me at the hospital. During her stay, she talked in detail about how Dafa spread throughout the world, read the book Zhuan Falun to me, and taught me how to do the exercises. After three days of practicing, I stopped coughing up blood. At that time, I felt so relieved. I decided to stop the blood transfusions, go home, and practice Falun Dafa. The doctors were surprised by my decision, and repeatedly reminded me to rest and take the medicine they prescribed.

At home, I read Zhuan Falun, little by little, for several hours daily. My body gradually felt relaxed. In the past, my chest felt like it was bound by a rope and I was afraid to move because it caused me to cough up blood. After practicing the Falun Dafa exercises, I felt relaxed. Finally, I could expand my chest by keeping my back straight and was able to take a deep breath.

After 21 days of Falun Dafa practice, I had no pain or discomfort. I could hardly believe that I felt like a healthy person after having suffered so many years of illness. I was so excited, and felt extremely lucky that I had received the Fa. I used to suffer so much. While medicine could not cure me, I recovered after practicing Dafa for a very short time. It was an incredible experience, and I truly believe in Dafa.

On March 10, 2005, I became a Dafa practitioner.

My enlightenment quality was very low in the early days, and was the reason why I stayed away from Dafa for so many years, and suffered even after seeing how the goodness of Dafa changed my daughter’s mother in-law.

I looked at Master's image with tears in my eyes. I was grateful that Master had saved me. I held Zhuan Falun and said to Master: “I will always be a disciple of Master and cultivate Falun Dafa, walk on the right path, and follow Master forever.”