(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Guizhen, 74, is a resident of Chenzhou City, Hunan Province. She was waiting to board a train at the Chenzhou Highspeed Train Station on the morning of July 2, 2019, when over 20 police officers showed up in the waiting area.

Her right arm was fractured as the police grabbed hold of her. She was interrogated and then released at around nine that night. She has requested the return of her confiscated belongings, including her ID, train tickets, plane tickets and ship tickets, but to no avail.

Ms. Wang was targeted because of her faith in Falun Gong, a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999.


Ms. Wang had planned a vacation trip involving taking trains, planes, and ships. She was seized at the train station at around 8:00 a.m. on July 2, 2019. When she was being pushed into a police cruiser, she suddenly felt an unbearably sharp pain in her right arm. Her wrist and arm soon became swollen.

She was taken to the Chenjiang Police Station for interrogation. Three policewomen ordered her to strip naked for a security check. She reproached them for making such a request to humiliate her and refused to comply. When the police tried to lock her up and handcuff her to a chair, she told them that she was not a criminal and should not be treated like one.

After hours of interrogation, Ms. Wang was released around 9:00 p.m.

Broken Arm

Ms. Wang's right hand and arm were so painful that she went to the police station the next day and demanded them to take responsibility. The police took her to the hospital and confirmed through X-ray examination that her arm was broken. She told the doctor how she was arrested and how her arm was broken.

She next went to see Bian Lichuan, head of the local Domestic Security Office, and demanded the return of her personal belongings confiscated at her arrest. She also demanded to know who was the officer that broke her arm and hold the officer accountable.

Bian ignored her. She then made the requests with Ma Jun, head of the local 610 Office. Ma accused her of assaulting the officer who was responsible for breaking her arm.

Bian and Ma ordered staff from the local residential committee to monitor her daily.

Ms. Wang went to the city hall to appeal on July 5 but was told to go to the city appeals office. She went there, only to be given run-around between the appeals office and the city government. Eventually, four security guards carried her out of city hall.

Entire Family Targeted for Practicing Falun Gong

Ms. Wang is a retiree from the Chenzhou City Air Conditioner Equipment Factory. She, her husband, her son, and her daughter-in-law were all targeted for refusing to renounce Falun Gong.

Ms. Wang was arrested on October 13, 2000, and then given a forced labor term of one and a half years.

Her husband, Mr. Cui Huanming, was detained in Chenzhou City Detention Center for practicing Falun Gong. He was subjected to torture there. He was in critical condition when he was released. He passed away in 2005.

Her daughter-in-law, Ms. Luo Juan, was arrested on February 16, 2010. She was first detained in the Chenzhou City Detention Center and tortured, including force-feeding, being handcuffed and shackled to a bed and given unknown drugs. She was later sentenced to six years and sent to the Hunan Province Women's Prison, where she was severely beaten and shocked with electric batons.

Ms. Luo had also been detained in a brainwashing center for more than a month. Her husband, Ms. Wang's son, was once imprisoned for six months. After he was released, he was forced to leave home to avoid further persecution.