(Minghui.org) I went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa in May 2001. I was arrested and sent to a forced labor camp where I was illegally detained for three years.

While detained in the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City, Hubei Province, I was subjected to over twenty different kinds of torture. These included the “death bed,” being forced to stand for long periods of time, forced “military squatting,” being forced to stand facing a wall, sleep deprivation, electric shocks, forced exposure to mosquitoes, being forbidden to use the restroom, etc. Despite the tortures, the authorities were unable to make me give up my belief in Dafa. I was eventually confined to a small, dark cell.

I once refused an order from the guards to recite the detention rules and was repeatedly shocked with electric batons until I passed out. These inhuman forms of torture did not shake my belief in Dafa. I always kept a clear mind, and silently recited the Fa and sent forth righteous thoughts.

Over 200 Dafa practitioners were detained in that dark den, but due to the severe torture, all but ten practitioners, including myself, renounced their belief.

On one occasion in the detention center, I erased some writing on a blackboard that slandered Dafa and Master. As punishment, a female guard slapped me more than 20 times with a shoe. My face was black and blue, my mouth was bleeding, and I was frightening to look at. Miraculously, thanks to Master’s protection, I felt no pain at all.

The guards once drove me to a large deserted room far away from the detention center where there were two rows of large iron hoops on the ground. They cuffed my hands to the hoops so that I could neither stand up nor sit down. I stayed in this extremely uncomfortable position for five consecutive days and nights. During this torture, however, I felt as comfortable as if I were doing the Falun Dafa exercises. I knew that this was because I kept strong righteous thoughts in my mind and that Master was protecting me. My gratefulness to Master was beyond words.

I went on a hunger strike after enduring more than five months of persecution. The guards then tortured me by force-feeding me with corn mush mixed with unknown drugs. The tube they used to force-feed me was as thick as a little finger, and bruised my nose, making it bleed every time. Fifty-two days later, my weight had diminished greatly and I could neither walk nor sit. Nevertheless, due to the power of Dafa and Master’s mercy, I felt no hunger or discomfort.

Seeing that I was on the brink of death, the guards were fearful and took me to the hospital. The doctors were shocked by the examination results. Although I was extremely emaciated to the point of near death, there was nothing abnormal in the report.

Four or five days later, I was returned to the detention center but the guards feared taking responsibility for my condition. They released me at midnight, cursing and kicking me while I packed my stuff. They kept saying that they were sending me to another place to be “transformed,” which was a lie to keep other practitioners in delusion.

Actually, my family members were waiting outside. My son dared not look at me, because I was nothing but skin and bones. My family and friends who were waiting all cried when they saw me. My mother, who was nearly 80 years old, hugged me and cried terribly. They feared I might not survive.

A matter of days after I arrived home, I was able to perform the Falun Dafa exercises, and within a month my weight returned to 55 kilograms (121 lb.) from the 35 kg. (77 lb.) it had fallen to in the detention center. Visiting relatives and friends were shocked by the speed of my recovery, and some asked, “What special food do you eat?” I said that I had not eaten anything special; my recovery was entirely due to the extraordinary power of Falun Dafa. They were greatly impressed and no longer believed the lies spread about the practice by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Unwavering in the Face of More Detention, Force-Feedings

The police arrested a large number of practitioners, including me, before the CCP “16th National Congress” in September 2003. This time I began a hunger strike immediately after arriving at the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. The guards began force-feeding me again.

One of my nostrils was still blocked from the injury I sustained during force-feeding the last time I was in detention, so they inserted the tube into my other nostril. The concoction they fed me was a mixture of corn mush and unknown drugs. The force-feeding was extremely painful at first, but after a while, and with faith in Master, I kept a clear mind and the pain disappeared.

The guards soon implemented a new method of “transforming” practitioners. They divided themselves into groups of three, each group responsible for “transforming” a practitioner whom they selected by drawing lots. Those guards who succeeded would receive cash rewards.

The deputy director and two guards drew my name. They walked up to me and cursed angrily. “What bad luck!” they said. “How is it that we've drawn your name?”

They put me into solitary confinement. My arms were spread and shackled to two iron hoops on the door. I was forced into a sitting position but I could not sit up straight as my body was bent at the waist, and I was unable to raise my head.

The pain became so intense that I reached the limits of my tolerance after only a few days. Every second of every minute was hellish, but I remained resolute and steadfast in my belief in Dafa. I persisted in reciting the Fa, and sent righteous thoughts silently. During the last few days of being cuffed, the pain disappeared and I found myself in a heightened state of mental awareness, empty yet fully aware and calm. It was as if I were doing the sitting mediation, comfortable in body, and peaceful in mind.

The guards could not reconcile themselves with their failure to “transform” me, so they ordered other detained practitioners who had been “transformed” to help. I didn't hear anything they said, however, and I knew Master was again protecting me.

The process of trying to “transform” me had brought the guards to their wit's end. A female guard who was monitoring me said, while shedding tears, “You can tolerate such terrible torture! You are able to undertake any hardship.”

After my hunger strike had lasted over 90 days, the guards could do nothing more to me and had no choice but to release me. I heard someone push open my cell door, and I thought the guards had returned. When I heard the voice of my younger brother calling me and holding my hand, I felt as if in a dream. A million thanks to Master for his protection!

After a hunger strike that lasted over 90 days, and being force-fed more than 180 times, I kept a clear mind, didn't lose my way, and stayed resolute in cultivation. When I was leaving the detention center, one of the guards gave me the thumbs up—he was the one responsible for inserting the force-feeding tube into my nose.

My Husband Begins Cultivating

After I was released and while still recovering, my husband was arrested and spent a night in custody for gambling. He was fined 500 yuan. Though I was weak, I stayed up all night worrying.

I found out about his gambling from neighbors who knew about his problem. After he was released, I didn't reproach him at all. He was deeply moved by my kindness, and because he had witnessed the profound effects of Dafa on numerous occasions, he decided to quit drinking, smoking, and gambling. He also changed his job (he used to slaughter sheep), and began cultivation practice.

Karmic Retribution for Heinous Acts Against Dafa

The village Party secretary and office director, who led a search of our home and robbed us of our belongings, died tragically.

This person falsified evidence and forged my signature in order to get me sentenced to six years of imprisonment. He was later diagnosed with stomach cancer and died in 2017 after horrible suffering. His karma was also passed on to his son, who now suffers from depression.

The office director was very active in persecuting practitioners. He became sick and died after nine years of suffering. Witnesses said that upon his death his appearance was very scary. Before he died, I persisted in trying to explain the truth of the persecution to him, but sadly he didn't listen.

I am writing this because I wish to let people know that there is a heavenly principle which states that good and evil will meet with just returns. Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa, and persecution of practitioners cannot be tolerated under heavenly principles.

Practitioners are compassionately explaining the truth of the persecution to everyone they can—their purpose is to help people.