(Minghui.org) In Jilin Province, where the persecution is more serious than in other places, there are still police officers who protect Falun Dafa practitioners.

Police Officer Protects Practitioner During Arrest and in Hospital

The police station where I live in Jilin Province actively participated in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. I still remember one morning about ten years ago when the deputy director of the station and other officers showed up at my apartment to arrest me.

Before they came, two officers dispatched earlier were already inside watching me. One of them, Wu Di (alias), was around 40. It was the first time he’d been in my apartment.

At that time, there was a couplet posted on my door. It was titled “The Buddha Fa Is Boundless” and read: “The Buddha’s light illuminates the land of China, The Lord Buddha painstakingly saves Chinese descendants”

When the other officer was searching my room, Wu asked, “Who wrote the couplet on your door?” I told him that it was my husband. Touched by what the couplet said, he whispered to me to get my things organized. I immediately understood what he meant and hid my computer and Falun Gong materials.

Then the deputy director and others arrived and ransacked my apartment. I saw Wu squatting on the floor as if he were looking for something. He helped me hide the computer wires so that nobody could see them.

In the end they only found a few DVDs, but I was still illegally arrested. When the deputy director had me taken to a hospital for a physical, Wu spoke to the doctor first. They both looked at me sympathetically. It turned out that my blood pressure was too high and the labor camp wouldn’t accept me.

That afternoon, Wu notified my family to come take me home. I really appreciated his help.

I did not know Wu at all, but he took such a huge risk to help me because he sincerely respected Falun Dafa. I have never forgotten him.

A Sympathetic Police Chief

In 2002 two practitioners from Jilin Province went to villages to distribute truth-clarification materials. They were reported and detained in the local police station.

The next day, they were taken to the local detention center, and a month later, they were sent to a forced labor camp. However, the forced labor camp refused to accept one of them because of high blood pressure. The other one had a heart problem, but the labor camp officials had not yet decided what to do with her.

While the practitioner with a heart problem was waiting for her paperwork, she spoke to the police chief who’d taken them to the forced labor camp. “Since you’re the chief, how about you talk with them and release me, too?” she asked.

To her surprise, the chief agreed. He went upstairs to talk to the labor camp officials. Then he told his officers to bring the two practitioners back to the police van.

When the van was about to leave the labor camp, the chief stopped the vehicle, worried that the two practitioners might be harassed by the forced labor camp at a later time. So he went back to the labor camp office and retrieved their paperwork.