Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Fifteen-Year-old Girl Detained in Labor Camp for Her Belief

November 23, 2019 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Hebei Province

(Minghui.org) A notice from Minghui earlier this year indicated that the United States government planned to tighten visa approval of human rights violators. Even those who have already been granted visas (including “green card” permanent visas) may be denied entry, said the notice.

The notice called upon Falun Gong practitioners to submit lists of perpetrators involved in the persecution of Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a meditation system based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to suppress the practice in 1999, a large number of practitioners have been arrested, detained, imprisoned and tortured for their belief.

Below is a report recently received by Minghui.org about the detention of a minor for her practice of Falun Gong. Ms. Chu Binbin, a 34-year-old resident of Cang County, Hebei Province, was held in custody for several months in 2001, when she was 15.

Seeing that many people had benefited from the practice of Falun Gong, both physically and spiritually, Ms. Chu became a practitioner in 1998, at the age of 13. Following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she grew more open-minded and considerate of others.

After the persecution started in July 1999, Ms. Chu and some local practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on October 27, 2000. They saw police arresting practitioners who came before them outside the appeals center. They went to Tiananmen Square to debunk the hate propaganda against Falun Gong. A group of officers beat them with batons and arrested them.

After being held at Haidian Detention Center for one day, Ms. Chu was sent back to Cang County Detention Center and detained together with adults for several months.In 2001, Ms. Chu, then 15, was transferred to Tangshan Women’s Labor Camp, which at the time had been packed with detained practitioners and declined to take her. Ms. Chu was later brought back to Cang County and continually detained. She went on a hunger strike to protest and was released five months later.

One day in August 2001, officers from Cang County Domestic Security Division and Dachucun Police Station arrested Ms. Chu at home and sent her to Cang County Detention Center again. Several days later, she was sent to Tangshan Women's Labor Camp on August 7 to serve a term of two years. The guards ordered inmates to take turns watching her. They deprived her of sleep and forced her to write statements to renounce her belief. Ms. Chu was not released until May 31, 2002.

Key Perpetrators Responsible for Ms. Chu's Detention

The following people were responsible for Ms. Chu's detention in Cang County.

Pang Bingshan (庞炳山), deputy director of Cang County Police Department in charge of suppressing Falun GongPan Xuezhi (潘学支), director of Cang County Detention CenterYang Guofu (杨国富), director of Dachucun Police SationGuo Yuanbao (郭元宝), deputy director of Dachucun Police Station