(Minghui.org) A Falun Gong practitioner in Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province was detained for five days after the police found out that she had published a declaration on Minghui.org to nullify the statement she was forced to sign years ago to renounce her faith against her will.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Many Falun Gong practitioners are pressured to write statements to renounce their faith following their arrests, as the police often threaten their jobs, pensions, or the safety of their family members.

Ms. Wang Shuqing is among the practitioners who have retracted their statement and declared their intention to resume their practice of Falun Gong after they were released. Practitioners do so by publishing a statement on Minghui.org, a central communication platform for all Falun Gong practitioners around the world.

Ms. Wang was seized from her home on October 18, 2019 by four officers from Fengshan District Police Station after they saw the statement she had published on the Chinese-language Minghui.org on August 28, 2019.

She was held in Dandong City Detention Center for five days and released on October 23.

Prior to the arrest, the police called Ms. Wang's son on September 25, 2019 and ordered him to keep an eye on his mother and not allow her to go out and talk to people about Falun Gong. The call came shortly before the communist regime's 70th National Day on October 1.

This is the third time that Ms. Wang has been arrested for her faith in Falun Gong.

She was first arrested in 2000 after the police found out she was planning to go to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was taken to the local police station around 11 pm, leaving her 7-year-old son home alone. Worried about her son, she was forced to write a renunciation statement around 2 am and then released.

Ms. Wang was arrested again on March 23, 2008. The police ransacked her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books, related materials, computer and printer. She was sentenced to three years in prison by Fengcheng City Court on December 24, 2008.

While serving time at Liaoning Women's Prison, Ms. Wang was subjected to “strict control” and various forms of torture aimed to force her to give up her faith. Guards once locked her in a small solitary cell for five months, didn't allow her to talk to anyone, and ordered inmates to watch her around the clock, including when she was eating or using the restroom. She became delirious and numb because of the isolation.

After she was transferred to a different ward, the guard tried to force her to swear at the founder of Falun Gong. She refused and was forced to work 12 hours a day while watching propaganda videos that slandered Falun Gong. The guards also didn't allow her to shower or sleep.

After Ms. Wang was released, the police continued to harass her from time to time.

Related report:

Fengcheng, Liaoning Province: Four Falun Gong Practitioners Harassed