(Minghui.org) I am a Falun Dafa practitioner in Taoyuan, Taiwan, and I clarify the truth to Chinese tourists at the Cihu tourist site. I want to share my experience of dealing with sickness karma and returning to the Cihu truth-clarification site after a particularly bad bout of illness.

I first started practicing Dafa because of bad health 15 years ago. I wanted to better my health, but I didn't thoroughly study the Fa or take the teachings seriously. I didn't realize how great the responsibility was for saving sentient beings. For 12 years, I didn't clarify the truth; however, I went to Fa conferences and participated in the Dafa emblem formations in Taiwan. Even though I did the exercises every day, I lived an ordinary person's life.

In 2014 the Cihu truth-clarification site had been established for one year, and my sister-in-law, who was also a practitioner, asked me if I wanted to talk to people about Falun Dafa there. Another practitioner and I soon went to the site.

At first, I didn't know how to help the Chinese tourists quit their memberships in the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), so I just handed out flyers. I later went to Hong Kong with a practitioner who was good at helping people quit the CCP. While there, I decided to give it a try. I first asked where Chinese visitors were from, trying to find an opportunity to talk about Falun Dafa. Since my son works in China, I would often use that as a topic to break the ice with people.

After going to Cihu for a while, I felt I had improved my character. I also found that I really liked clarifying the truth. At first, there were four or five practitioners from our area who would carpool and go to Cihu; after a while, however, I was the only practitioner from my area going to Cihu.

Because I didn't study the Fa often enough, the old forces started to interfere with me. My husband, who doesn't practice Falun Dafa, had a lot of debt so I began making and selling Hakka-style rice dumplings to help pay off the debt. Eventually, I stopped going to the Cihu site all together.

I was occupied with ordinary people’s activities and forgot that it was my duty to save people. After some time, I began to experience some sickness karma. I became very uncomfortable, with what felt like thousands of needles sticking into my body. It was very painful. Lumps began to form in my breast. Because of acid buildup in my stomach, I had to get checked out at the hospital five times. However, they found nothing wrong with me.

I felt very sick and couldn’t eat or sleep well. My weight dropped to half of what it normally was. I would lie in bed every day, unable to do the Falun Dafa exercises or study the Fa. I felt like I was dying.

My brother and his wife, who were both practitioners, came to see me. They stood by my bedside and were unable to do anything for me. They were heartbroken and regretful. They didn’t think I would survive.

I looked inside and found that I was suffering because I stopped talking to people about Falun Dafa. I realized I should return to Cihu.

Enlightening to this fact, I yearned to go to Cihu, but my poor health made it impossible. A practitioner who was working for The Epoch Times came to ask me if I was interested in helping sell ads for the paper. I didn’t want to do that and my health made it impossible. After learning this, the practitioner contacted the practitioner in charge of the Cihu site, who then arranged for someone to drive me there.

It wasn’t easy. Before I left home, I began feeling great discomfort. Sometimes my feet would hurt so much that I couldn’t walk, or my stomach would act up. But I knew that it was interference trying to stop me from going there to clarify the truth. So I rejected the interference and didn't acknowledge it. When I arrived at Cihu, all my symptoms disappeared.

Within the first week of going to the site, the lump in my breast became smaller. Master helped purify my body. I felt really uncomfortable, but deep in my heart I was thankful, for I knew that Master was helping me eliminate karma. After a week, the lump was completely gone.

One day, the practitioner couldn’t take me to Cihu. My feet were hurting really badly, but I thought to myself, “This is just interference and I still want to go.” So I rode my scooter to the bus stop to get to Cihu. Once I arrived and started talking to people, my feet felt fine.

When I first returned to the site, a practitioner and I sent righteous thoughts to eliminate any elements that sought to interfere with our objectives. I started by handing out flyers, and several days later, I was helping people quit the CCP.

I cherished every predestined person I met. And when I met other practitioners who had not been cultivating for a while, I would tell them my experience and encourage them to get back to studying the Fa and clarifying the truth. I would tell them that they must save people diligently and from their hearts, not just do it on the surface.

We must cherish the time for talking to Chinese tourists, not just stand there doing the exercises. Therein lies the road to improvement.