(Minghui.org) I am a 48-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Yingtan City in Jiangxi Province. I was illegally arrested while picking up my daughter at the train station on the evening of May 4, 2018, and was taken to the Siqingxiang Police Station in the Yuehu District.

Several officers tried to take pictures of me holding Falun Dafa informational fliers from my bag. I clenched my fists tight when a young male officer tried to open up my right fist. After much effort, he could only get my index finger free. He then tried hard to twist my finger, but miraculously I didn't feel any pain. In the end, he gave up.

Jia Rui, head of the Domestic Security Division in the Yuehu Police Station ordered that I be taken to an interrogation room. I was not afraid, and said, “I will not answer any of your questions because I haven’t done anything wrong.”

I saw an iron chair in the interrogation room, and told myself, “I will never sit on it.” Jia then had me sit on a wooden office chair.

The officers took turns interrogating me, but I didn't answer any of their questions. I told them the facts about Falun Dafa and the persecution. One of them tried to trick me into “confessing,” by saying, “You cultivate truthfulness, but you don’t tell the truth. You won't confess—you're a coward.” I refused to take his bait and stayed silent. When they could not force me to “confess,” they sentenced me to 15 days of administrative detention.

I was later taken to the No.184 Hospital for a physical examination. My blood pressure was very high, so the hospital refused to admit me. Jia asked the doctor if there was any way to lower my blood pressure quickly—the doctor took out a yellow pill. He tried to force me to take it, but I refused, shouting, “I am a Falun Dafa practitioner. I didn’t break the law. Let me go home. I can take care of myself and recover at home!”

Jia and the officers took me to a detention center, which also refused to accept me because of my high blood pressure. I was eventually taken to the Custody Hospital in Yingtan City. On the way there, Jia told the other officers to have me admitted no matter what.

Detainees in the Hospital Learn about Dafa

At the hospital, I told the doctor that practicing Falun Dafa does not violate any law and that I would refuse their treatment. The young female doctor declined to accept me, but Jia ordered her to have me admitted.

I was detained in the hospital for ten days, during which time I did not cooperate with the hospital staff. I recited the Fa, sent forth righteous thoughts, and did the Dafa exercises. I am ashamed to say that I could only recite a little of Master's Fa, so I repeatedly recited, “Falun Dafa is good. Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” I asked for Master's help. During that time, I felt that my body was shielded in energy and my mind was calm.

I couldn't fall asleep because the television was on constantly in the hospital ward, so I decided to do Dafa exercises and send righteous thoughts for long stretches every day.

Others detained in the hospital were curious about what I was doing. I told them, “There's no time restriction or hard rules when doing the Dafa exercises. Depending on the time available we can do more of them or less. Now that I have a lot of time, why not do more exercises? I can’t sleep well here, and exercising makes me feel more comfortable.”

Although I had little sleep and hadn't taken any medication, I looked energetic with a rosy complexion. Others were amazed looking at me and wanted to learn the exercises.

Alarm Doesn't Sound

In the early morning of May 13, 2018-Master Li Hongzhi's birthday- I walked close to the window with metal bars to hang my laundry, but the alarm did not sound. Usually, the alarm sounded every time I was close to the window. But on that day, it seemed to be out of order only for me. Others approached the window to test the alarm, and it went off.

The others said, “Falun Dafa is magical!” I told them that it was Master’s birthday and also World Falun Dafa Day.

I knew that I would be released soon, because I overheard some of the guards discussing the day before about how high my blood pressure was and that I refuse to take the treatment. I reminded myself not to become zealous and to only follow Master’s arrangement.

The alarm on the window didn't sound when I was near it the next day either. After sending forth righteous thoughts at 6:00 p.m., my family arrived to take me home.

Unconditional Support

Once I arrived home I learned how much my family and practitioners had done for me. Immediately after I was arrested, groups of practitioners began to take turns sending forth righteous thoughts for me. They made inquiries at every police station until they found where I had been taken.

Practitioners went to my home to care for my sick father and did the housework after I was taken to the detention center. Some accompanied my mother to the police station to request my release, some wrote an article about my arrest to publish on the Minghui website, some went to the train station to pick up my daughter, and some sent forth righteous thoughts near the police station and Domestic Security Division.

Overseas practitioners' continuous efforts in calling the perpetrators of my persecution also helped with my release. A police officer in the Siqingxiang Police Station said he had received many calls from America and planned to change his number. Despite this, his attitude toward me had changed, and he became much kinder.

I was released five days early under Master's protection, and with the help from my family and fellow practitioners. I will try to become more solid in cultivation and do the three things better in order to become a qualified Dafa disciple.