(Minghui.org) I attended a Falun Gong lecture class in November 1993. Within days, my health was restored and my many illnesses, including cervical spondylosis, spinal disc herniation, cardiac dysrhythmia and many others had vanished.

At that time my poor understanding led me to conclude that Falun Gong, despite being a wonderful practice headed by a great qigong master, set an almost impossible standard for its practitioners. I found the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance unachievable, and did not understand the true meaning of cultivation practice. I stopped practicing after two to three months, promising myself to resume cultivating after retirement. I thus stopped for an interval of seventeen years.

A Desperate Situation

I sought treatment at our local hospital in early 2010 for persistent chronic weakness and gastrointestinal discomfort. Doctors there determined that I had rectal, colon and stomach cancer and quickly scheduled me for a surgical procedure.

My primary caregiver during this time was my younger sister, a steadfast Falun Gong practitioner who had been cultivating for more than ten years. On hearing the doctor’s diagnosis, she advised me to resume cultivating Falun Gong. However, I had previously shown disrespect towards Master Li (the founder), and even burned the group photo taken with him.

I was too ashamed to resume cultivation practice in my current state and told my sister that I would practice after I had recovered. My surgery was originally scheduled to be conducted the following day. However, I came down with a high fever that night. The fever vanished a few days later and my doctors immediately scheduled me in for surgery the day after. However, my fever resurfaced again that night. My sister told me, “It is a sign that you should not proceed with the surgery.”

Despite her advice, I stubbornly refused to change my mind and insisted on having the operation, placing my wholehearted belief in the power of modern medicine. I underwent the surgery and my doctor reported afterward that the operation was an incredible success. Unlike his previous patients, I experienced no excessive bleeding and no complications had occurred during the surgery itself. However, two days after the surgery, a painful lump appeared on my abdomen. Doctors determined that the lump was a post-surgery complication and tried to treat it with medication. However the growth persisted and even began to grow in size. On the seventh day, doctors gave up and discharged me home.

Cured after Resuming Cultivation Practice

At home, my condition continued to worsen. After ten days, my stomach was so swollen I resembled a six or seven-month pregnant mother. Medical science had not been able to grant me a cure, and the pain was so excruciating I felt like dying. I told my sister, “I’m living a life worse than death. At this point, I’d rather die.”

That night, I experienced pain so severe that I fell unconscious and stopped breathing. My sister begged Master Li to save me, and soon after I began to breathe again. The following morning, as soon as I woke up, my sister insisted I accompany her to practice the Falun Gong exercises. Dubious, I asked, “Can this really cure my swollen stomach?” With a firm “yes” my sister wheeled me into the living room. I stood and practiced the third set of exercises "Penetrating the Cosmic Extremes.” Ten minutes later, I had completed the set of exercises and was settling back in my chair I felt the urge to defecate after waiting ten days. My body felt comfortably light and my pain had vanished!

Soon after, I officially resumed Falun Gong cultivation practice. During my second Fa-study session, Master cleansed my entire body and removed all my illnesses. More than eight years have passed and I have not experienced a single health issue since then.

A Second Chance in Life

I was granted a second chance in life by Falun Gong’s compassionate Master. For more than eight years, I have been striving to live up to the standard required of a Falun Gong practitioner.

I practice the exercises every morning, study the Fa in the day, set aside time to send forth righteous thoughts and diligently seize every opportunity to talk to people about the persecution of Dafa. I have learned to constantly search within myself when conflicts arise and judge my thoughts and actions according to the requirements of Dafa. My temperament has improved as a result, and I have become a more patient and selfless person.

I am determined to seize each and every second, cultivate diligently and live up to being a Falun Gong practitioner.