(Minghui.org) My wife is a Falun Gong practitioner. I did not understand her when she was being severely persecuted. Luckily I learned the truth and know that Falun Dafa is good. My whole family has been benefiting from Dafa. I would like to recount my family's experiences.

Happy Family Broken Apart

My wife is 57 years old. She was an elementary school teacher. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After that, she became more peaceful and openminded. She worked diligently and was recognized as a model teacher. At home, she was a respectful daughter-in-law and a good mother and did all the household chores. My family was harmonious and happy.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, however, our lives were turned upside down, and our happy family was broken apart.

On New Year's Day in 2000, my wife went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. She was arrested and taken back to the local detention center. All the government officials in the local police department and the Education Bureau were implicated. They were criticized and some were fined. They were all very angry at my wife. The director of the police department and four officers came and beat my wife. I worried about her and used my connections to get her released after two months of detention.

I am a timid person and was unable to handle the pressure. In order to force her to give up Falun Gong, I threatened to divorce her and fasted for three days, but she still refused to give it up. Then I began to drink. When I got drunk, I beat her and destroyed her Dafa books and Master's pictures.

The school demoted her and no longer allowed her to teach. Instead she had to do the janitorial work. I did not understand why she was so stubborn and chose to suffer instead of living a normal life.

In 2001, she was detained twice. The first time was because she went to Beijing to appeal again. The second time happened before the summer break. A local police officer checked on her and asked her if she still planned to go to Beijing. She said that she would, and she was detained right away. She spent both her winter and summer break in the detention center. I had to take care of our parents and child on my own. I suffered physically and mentally and felt miserable.

In July of 2008, right before the Beijing Olympic Games began, the local police broke into my home while we were sleeping at night. They held us in bed and ransacked our home. They confiscated a computer and some other belongings and took my wife away. Our home was left a mess. I was so upset that I fell ill.

When my father heard the news, his blood pressure spiked so high that he passed away. I was unable to bear the loss and was bedridden for two months. In February 2009, right after the Chinese New Year, I went to the detention center with an official from the local court and completed the divorce.

She did not blame me. Instead, she gave me all of our property. I knew she was a kind person and she was innocent. I felt sad and ashamed. She still told our daughter not to resent me.

She was later sentenced to five years in prison and the school fired her.

Wife Tortured in Prison

My wife was severely tortured in prison and developed many health problems such as uterine fibroids, right breast hyperplasia, lymphatic tuberculosis, and gingivitis. A huge tumor grew on her neck and shoulder due to the lymphatic tuberculosis. Her relatives pooled some money together for her to have an operation in the prison hospital. But another one grew soon afterward. She lost eight teeth and had difficulty eating.

When she was released from prison, she had nowhere to go, and no job or money. I had to bring her back to our home and we re-married. She was in bad shape. Her left eye was slanted and often twitched. Her mouth was crooked, so she drooled a lot. Her eyesight was bad and she often had headaches. Her feet were covered with blisters since she had no shoes to wear in prison.

The physical pain was hard for her to endure already. However, the local police and 610 Office agents often came to our home to harass and threaten her as well. Plus I did not let her practice Falun Gong or contact practitioners. She still suffered a lot at home.

Later, she was forced to leave home.

Family Renewed

My daughter and I felt sorry for her. We were eventually able to bring her back home. I was afraid of her leaving again and treated her better. I let her practice Falun Gong at home. Her condition began to improve after she resumed the exercises and Fa study. Shortly afterward, she completely recovered without any medication.

The dramatic improvement in her health changed my view of Falun Gong. She told me a lot about the practice, even though I was unwilling to listen at first. She also gave me some printouts to read. I was afraid to read them, so she read some of the contents to me. My attitude gradually changed and I began to read more on the internet. We also watched many videos about Falun Gong and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

I finally changed my mind. I understood her determination and recognized just how evil the Party is. I helped her to tell people the truth about Falun Gong and deal with the police harassment. In 2015, I filed a complaint against former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin on the internet with my real name.

I watch NTDTV every day, which has opened my eyes to the world. I hope that all Chinese people will be able to learn the truth. I often recite “Falun Dafa is good” and was blessed. I got rid of many long-term ailments, such as a herniated lumbar disc, kidney stones, insomnia, and high blood pressure. I got a better job with more pay. Dafa brought happiness back to my family.

Protected by Dafa in Three Motorcycle Accidents

I had three major motorcycle accidents. With Master's protection, I was safe each time.

In 2007, after I had a few drinks with my coworkers at dinner, I lost control of my motorcycle on the way to my sister's home. I hit a cement pole straight on. I was bounced back and landed on the road. My head hit the ground and started to bleed. The motorcycle landed on my legs.

I pulled my legs out and was able to move my arms and legs. I felt okay. The accident happened in the middle of nowhere. Even though I called my sister and my wife, I did not know when they would be able to come. Luckily, an acquaintance driving by saw me. He stopped and gave me a ride to my sister's.

It was amazing that I only had a few scratches and was able to pass my driver's license exam without a hitch the next day. My wife told me that Master protected me. I did not believe her at that time. But when I recalled the accident later, I knew that I would not have survived without Master's protection.

The second accident happened in May of 2015. I was riding on the backseat of my co-worker's motorcycle. It was getting dark and it was raining. The motorcycle hit a bump, and somehow I slid off the seat. My clothes were caught in the motorcycle seat.

My co-worker was not aware of the situation and kept going. I was dragged along the ground for a bit and eventually pulled him and the motorcycle to the ground.

My co-worker's face was scratched, and my hands and wrists were bleeding. But when I got home, I saw that there were several big holes in my clothes from being dragged along the road. It was a miracle that I was not hurt anywhere else. When my wife told me that Master had protected me, I was so dumb that I did not believe it.

In the summer of 2017, I had another accident on a mountain road. I gripped the wrong brake handle of my motorcycle while making a turn. I was thrown almost into the ditch nearby. My head was bleeding and I needed a few stitches above my right eye. But I recovered quickly.

I believed that Master saved my life this time when my wife said so.

Daughter Blessed

In 2007, two days before the national college entrance exam, my daughter was hit from behind by a speeding motorcycle. She flew into the air and hit a utility pole, and then hit the ground. She lost consciousness. When she woke up in the hospital, she told the doctors and the motorcyclist that she was fine and left the hospital.

She had learned Dafa with my wife since she was little and always tried to act according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She believed in Dafa and Master and kept a Dafa keepsake with her all the time.

She really was okay and was able to take the college entrance exam. Later she was admitted to a good college. She found a good job after college. She is married now and has a happy family.

My entire family is blessed by Master. I want to tell everyone that Falun Dafa is good and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good. To celebrate the 19th World Falun Dafa Day, we would like to thank Master and wish him a happy birthday.

(Submission to “Celebrate World Falun Dafa Day” 2018 on the Minghui website)