(Minghui.org) Two weeks after 70-year-old Ms. Mou Yongxia was arrested at a bus station, the local procuratorate approved her case and charged this disabled elderly woman for practicing Falun Gong, a spiritual practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999. When her family went to secure her release, they were given the runaround by the authorities.


Ms. Mou was arrested on March 16, 2018, as she was about to get on the bus to Jilin Province to visit her sister, who is in her 80s and in bad health. Ms. Mou was carrying a copy of the Falun Gong exercise music in hopes that the exercises could hasten her sister's recovery.

She never expected that, when the police scanned her ID, that it would be flagged, linking her profile to the police's Falun Gong database.

The police searched her suitcase and confiscated all of her Falun Gong items. She was held in the Ranghulu District Police Station until midnight and then taken to Daqing Detention Center, where she has been in custody for nearly two months.

While in detention, Ms. Mou began to suffer from heart problems, high blood pressure, dizziness, and difficulty breathing. She was taken to the clinic for oxygen several times. The detention center proposed releasing her on medical bail, but the police refused to allow it.

The police submitted her case to the procuratorate. Prosecutor Zhu Chihong approved it on March 29, 2018, after Ms. Mou was interrogated in the detention center on March 26.

After learning about Ms. Mou's ordeal, her son, who was working in another city, took off from work and traveled to Daqing to try to secure her release.

Authorities Stonewall Family

After talking to security at the entrance to the Ranghulu District Police Station, her son waited anxiously for two hours before he was told that the people he wanted to see weren't available.

He then went to the police department in Daqing City. Even though the police chief was hosting a coffee hour with local residents, he didn't find the chief, and staff members couldn't explain clearly what was going on with with his mother's case.

Ms. Mou's son next went to the procuratorate and read in Ms. Mou's case files that she was a “leader” of local Falun Gong practitioners. When he argued with the prosecutor that they were fabricating evidence in order to frame his mother, the prosecutor directed him to talk to the police.

When Ms. Mou's son returned to the police station, the police told him to come back the next morning. The next morning, when Ms. Mou's son finally met with Fu Tao, the officer in charge of her case, Fu shouted at him and didn't let him speak or ask about his mother.

It has been nearly two months since Ms. Mou was arrested and detained. Her family is very worried about her health.

Previous Report:Falun Gong Freed Ms. Mou Yongxia from Illnesses, Persecution Put Her Back in Danger

Perpetrators' contact information:
Yu Xiliang (于锡亮), head of Ranghulu Police Station: +86-459-6888201, +86-18945602000, +86-459-45951201
Fu Tao (富涛), police officer in charge of Ms. Mou's case: +86-459-5019510, +86-13394663856Yang Song (杨颂), police officer in charge of Ms. Mou's case: +86-15304698787, +86-18603677322You Dejun (由德军), police officer: +86-13394660672Liu Xiaochen (刘笑臣), prosecutor, Ranghulu District Procuratorate: +86-18104592167Zhu Chihong (朱赤红), prosecutor, Ranghulu District Procuratorate: +86-459-5974401, +86-13359590355Hao Wentao (郝文涛), prosecutor: +86-13359590365