(Minghui.org) I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. As my understanding of Dafa improved, I began to realize that I was predestined to be a practitioner during this time period.

I was born with asthma and also had tuberculosis of the lymphatic glands. Because of my poor health and my feeling inferior, I did not regularly attend school. When I married, my husband didn’t care about me. The day we applied for our marriage certificate, he left me alone and told me to go to his sister-in-law's home to get something to eat. I was a young girl at that time. So when I went to his sister-in-law's home, I was embarrassed to tell them I had not eaten anything. So I lied to them and said I had already eaten. I ended up watching them eat.

After I married, my mother-in-law did not like me. She let my sister-in-law influence her and criticized me every day. I got so angry that I cried almost all the time. However, I never told anybody why I was suffering. And I never said a bad word about my sister-in-law, no matter how much I hated her. I pretended that everything was fine and just smiled. I didn’t let them know of my grievances. Therefore, I had a reputation in the village of having two good traits: being very clean and tidy and being very tolerant.

Changing the Environment Through Acts of Kindness and Responsibility

My mother-in-law was getting to be elderly in 2005, and five of her sons and daughters took turns taking care of her. I let go of the past hatred I had for her and took good care of her. My mother-in-law then began to be nice to me. She liked to eat the food I prepared. If she ate too much, her stomach would be upset and she often couldn't make it to the restroom. But I never got angry and cleaned up the mess.

When my mother-in-law was young, she bullied others and thus accumulated a lot of karma. When she was older, she suffered a lot. She could not lie down or sit up and had pain in all her joints. Seeing her suffer so much, I felt very sympathetic. I often shed tears while feeding her.

My mother-in-law had severe blistering. When one of these blisters broke, her flesh was exposed, and the bones were visible. I could not bear seeing that. I heard that burnt ashes of a certain type of grass fluff, mixed with sesame oil, could help heal the wounds.

I asked my older sister-in-law to go with me to look for that type of grass. But she refused. So I rode my bicycle to the mountain by myself. It was cold winter weather. This special fluff was difficult to find, as it was easily blown away by the wind. However, I found some under sweet potato leaves. I went home, made the paste according to the recipe, and put it on her wounds. The recipe really worked! Later, my younger sister-in-law bought medicine for my mother-in-law at the hospital. So we stopped using that remedy.

In her last year of life, my mother-in-law had Alzheimer's disease. She didn’t recognize anyone except me and her younger daughter. She often told me, "You look so skinny. You do everything in the household! Stop doing the housework. Let your husband do it!”

A few days before my mother-in-law passed away, it was my sister-in-law's turn to take care of her. So my sister-in-law would have been responsible for the funeral arrangements. However, she did not show up as usual. Upon her death, our relatives came to visit from other cities. So we had to prepare for food and boarding. Even though I didn’t have much education, I was very good at household work. We suddenly had six or seven people visiting. Everyone had different tastes. But I prepared everything well and made them feel the same as when my mother-in-law was still around.

Three years later, my husband suddenly proclaimed, “The greatest advantage of you is your kindness!”

I suddenly realized why my sister-in-law stopped handling things before and after my mother-in-law’s last days. The environment was full of tests and tribulations meant for a practitioner.

I insisted on doing the Falun Dafa's exercises every morning. When it was busy during a harvest season, we had to start working around 4:00 in the morning. So I got up at 2:00 a.m. to do the exercises. In the winter, to avoid disturbing my husband's sleep, I went to another room to practice. So I just added more firewood to keep my husband warm.

My sister-in-law (she is a teacher) saw me get up this early for three consecutive days and became curious. She asked if I got up this early every day to do the exercises. I replied yes.

She was very surprised and said, “I did not know that you were such a person. No matter what you do, you are someone who is so strong and are always able to succeed.” I knew that she previously had some doubts about Dafa. But she was touched after seeing a practitioner's persistence.

Thus far, all the adults and children in the families of my husband's siblings have withdrawn from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its affiliated organizations.

My husband's elder brother was forbidden to get a good education because his family was classified as being in a “bad social class.” He deeply resented the CCP. However, he ended up joining the CCP in his 40s. I tried to persuade him to withdraw from the party, but he wouldn’t do so until after the third time I approached him; He was the most resistant one in the family.

The other one who didn't immediately quit the CCP was my sister-in-law's husband. When I tried to persuade him to quit the first time, he said: "What you said sounds so good. Will it really work?" But the next time I asked him to withdraw, he readily agreed.

My Husband Changed After I Changed

For so many years, I went out to put up posters and banners to clarify the truth about the persecution. My husband never bothered me until one night when I was ready to go out, he stopped me and locked the gate. I asked him to give me the key, but he refused. I was 59 years old that year and knew this was a test!

I wondered if I should climb over the wall to get out? I knew my husband. If he was successful this time in preventing me from going out, then I would not be able to go out ever again. Without hesitation, I decided to get out. First, I threw my large vest with the Falun Dafa informational pamphlets inside over the wall. Then I climbed up the wall. I saw my husband in a dark room pacing back and forth. I jumped down off the wall and hit my arm on a brick.

That night, I didn’t return home until I'd distributed all the materials. However, I got lost in the wilderness on the way back. The weeds were as tall as me, and I wandered around for quite a while. Finally, I thought to myself: “I am a Dafa practitioner and I have Master Li (the founder of Falun Dafa) watching over me.” Then I quickly found my way!

I did not know what time it was when I got home. The gate was still locked. As I stepped onto the brick outside the wall and got ready to climb over, I thought to myself: “Should a Dafa disciple have to climb a wall to get into the house? That is not right." So I backed away and thought that I should not have to climb the wall. I sent righteous thoughts that my husband would open the gate for me. After a while, he did.

I told him later, “I go outside to tell people about Falun Dafa and the persecution. I did not do anything wrong. You should not interfere. I will not listen to you!” After that, my family environment was adjusted completely.

Now my husband does not interfere with my telling people about Dafa. In the morning, he gets up early and goes to work in the field. To avoid interrupting me, he prepares his own breakfast. Sometimes he prepared breakfast for me, too. I told him that there was no need to do that.

I knew my husband would join me in practicing Falun Dafa one day. Sometimes, while he was eating, he would suddenly say, “It's strange that I had four sentences with seven words suddenly appear in my mind.”

I asked him if it was Master Li who told him something. Three times, I jotted the words down. The gist was: Everything in the human world is fake, people should cultivate without delay." Now my husband has begun reading Dafa books.

I did not get an education and I am sometimes unsure of how to cultivate myself well. I know that my husband is like a mirror for me. He changed because I changed.

I still have a lot of human attachments. For instance, before I started to practice Dafa, I did not have a good relationship with my husband, so I became dependent on my son. I am still very sentimental when it comes to him. All of these are notions formed after birth, and they are human attachments that I should try to get rid of as I cultivate. I am glad that I have Falun Dafa to guide me. I am confident that all of these attachments will not stop me from accomplishing my mission as a Dafa practitioner.