(Minghui.org) Ms. Lei Yanxia from Wuhan City, Hubei Province was arrested by plainclothes police officers on December 9, 2017. She was transferred to the Etouwan Brainwashing Center in Qiaoko District after being detained for five days in a detention center.

She has been held in the brainwashing center for nearly two months. Her family has repeatedly requested her release, but to no avail. They filed complaints with authorities citing the personnel in charge, and requested that Ms. Lei be immediately released.

Ms. Lei took a DVD from someone in Zhongshan Park in Wuhan City on the morning of December 9, 2017. She was arrested by a plainclothes officer and held for five days. The police notified her family on December 15 to pick her at the Wuhan No. 1 Detention Center.

Her husband Mr. Xiao and some friends went the detention center early that morning. The guard told them to wait. A black police car arrived while they waited. Officers got out of the car and took pictures and videos of Mr. Xiao and the others with him. After 9:00 a.m., the guard came and told them that Ms. Lei had been taken away by authorities from the Qiaokou Domestic Security Division.

Mr. Xiao then went to the Qiaokou District 610 Office and tried to talk to the agents. The guards gave him a phone number to call. He could not get through after several tries, so he went to the Domestic Security Division. The guard there stopped him at the gate and told him to go to the Appeals Consultation Office, where he was received by a female officer. She listened to his statement but did not do anything.

Mr. Xiao was later notified by the neighborhood association that Ms. Lei had been taken to Etouwan Brainwashing Center.

During the last 50 days that Ms. Lei has been held, her husband has contacted the security director of the Qiaokou District Directory, the director of the Hanshuiqiaojie Administration Office, and the director of the Yuanjiatai Community Neighborhood Association, to ask about his wife. But they either refused to see him or just talked with him over the phone without offering any help.

Mr. Xiao also called a help hotline for assistance on January 31, 2018. The hotline promised to resolve the issue. Afterward, he received a call from the director of the Hanshuiqiao Administration Office, telling him that they would release Ms. Lei on February 6.