(Minghui.org) Mr. Wang Xing was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison in February 2016 for refusing to renounce his faith in Falun Gong; he was taken to Yuzhang Prison. Mr. Wang is in his late 40s and is from the Guangfeng District in Shangrao City.

Mr. Wang Xing had mailed his criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the communist regime, to the Supreme People's Procuratorate and the Supreme People's Court in around July 2015.

Xu Jiang, head of the Guangfeng District Domestic Security Division, arrested many practitioners who had filed criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin between September 7 and October 10, 2015. He put Mr. Wang Xing on the wanted list and initiated a country-wide search.

Mr. Wang was arrested on October 10, 2015, at the train station in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. He was escorted back to Guangfeng on October 12 and detained in the Guangfeng District Detention Center.

When his wife Ms. Huang Lanqing, who also is a practitioner, and her brother Mr. Huang Hongqiang went to the domestic security division on October 12 and demanded Mr. Wang's release, the police arrested his wife as well.

During the three-month detention in the Guangfeng District Detention Center, he was unable to eat for seven or eight days. It was said he had stomach pain when he ate. He was emaciated, on the verge of death and taken to a hospital.

He was put under official arrest on October 28, 2015. Without notifying his family, Mr. Wang was secretly tried on February 23, 2016, in Guangfeng District Court. He was later sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison and fined 5,000 yuan. He appealed his case to the intermediate court and went on a hunger strike.

Mr. Wang was transferred to the Yuzhang Prison of Jiangxi Province on June 15, 2016. He refused to renounce Falun Gong, so he was put under “strict control” and his family members were not allowed to visit him. The condition of his health is unknown.

Previous Persecution: Police Commit Atrocities in Order to Find Mr. Wang

After the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, Mr. Wang Xing remained steadfast in his belief. He was arrested and sentenced to one year of forced labor. After he was released, he left home to avoid further persecution. He was then put on the police wanted list.

Guangfeng County Police Department officers searched for Mr. Wang at the end of April 2007. They located one of his aunts in Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province and demanded she give them his whereabouts.

Police from Hangzhou City and Jiangxi Province located Mr. Wang's cousin, Mr. Liu Yongfu, in Hangzhou City. They threatened and beat him. They confiscated Mr. Wang's car, valued at around 300,000 yuan, which was being repaired at Mr. Liu Yongfu's place.

The police arrested Mr. Liu Yongfu again just before October 2007. They detained him for two days and threatened to kill him if Mr. Wang did not show up by October 17. Police arrested Mr. Liu for the third time on October 3. They beat him and burned him with cigarette butts and did not release him until the next day.

When Mr. Wang learned that his cousin was being tortured by the police, risking arrest, he visited his cousin and his family to explain the truth about Falun Gong and the persecution.

Arrested, Tortured and Sentenced to a Seven-Year Prison Term

Mr. Wang and another practitioner were arrested in Hebei Town, Guangfeng County on October 14, 2007. The police covered their heads with black hoods and took them to a secret place for interrogation. The armed police and local ruffians tortured them during the interrogation. Mr. Wang's wife was also arrested.

Police ransacked Mr. Wang's home and then took him to the Jiangxi Province Police Department. He was viciously beaten and tortured for one month. Police tried to have him admit to a “counter-revolutionary” crime. Mr. Wang went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution.

He was tried in Guixi City Court on April 3, 2008, and sentenced to seven years in prison on May 22, 2008. His wife was sentenced to two years in prison. They appealed to the Yingtan City Intermediate Court. The original sentence was upheld. Mr. Wang was transferred to Nanchang Prison.