(Minghui.org) I have practiced Falun Dafa since May 1999. At the start of the persecution, it was difficult to get a copy of Zhuan Falun, the main book of this cultivation practice, so I started to hand copy it at night. Sometimes I stayed up until 3 a.m. Even though I worked during the day, I did not feel sleepy. I hand copied Zhuan Falun three times, as well as Hong Yin and Essentials for Further Advancement many times.

Arrested and Mistreated

After the Communist Party began its persecution of Falun Dafa, six practitioners and I decided to go to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Dafa in 2001. We were inexperienced travelers and had never been so far from home. I also did not know how to validate the Fa. We only knew that Falun Dafa is good and felt that we should go to Beijing to speak up for our faith.

Even though officers from the local town party committee, the education committee, and the police station tried to catch us, we made it to the bus station. However, we were intercepted by officers from the provincial police department on arrival at the station. Practitioners told us to remember Master's words, “Just by staying unaffected you will be able to handle all situations”. (Teaching the Fa at the Conference in the Midwest-U.S.)

The guards who interrogated us did not look kind. But, I kept Master's words firmly in my mind. When the guard asked for my name, I told him that I would not tell him because I did not want him to commit a sin. I said that he could read my petition letter if he really wanted to know my thoughts. After a while, he gave back the 300 yuan they had confiscated.

We were taken to the town government compound, where the police and officers from the town party committee beat us, swore at us and threatened us. They handcuffed us and tried to force us to swear at Master Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa. They also demanded that we sit on the ground with our hands up and legs stretched forward, without moving, for a long time.

They beat us with big metal chains and asked us if we would continue practicing. If a practitioner said yes, she would be beaten more viciously, and they would stomp on her. One police officer stomped on a practitioner's head and then bashed her head against the wall. She fainted.

When they were about to beat me, one thought came to my mind: “They cannot beat or interrogate me.” They were not able to beat or interrogate me. At that time, I did not know how to send forth righteous thoughts, but I knew Master protected me.

When they were preparing electric batons, I stood up and said, “Do not harm the others. It was my idea to go to Beijing.” They did not do anything and left.

Refusing to Give Up My Faith

They demanded that my students' parents, colleagues, friends, and relatives stop me from practicing Falun Dafa. They made my 76-year-old mother walk two miles every day during the hot summer. They also demanded that she stop me from practicing my faith and write a statement to renounce Dafa. Because I refused, they took me to the city detention center and held me for 15 days. Then, I was fired from my position as a kindergarten teacher.

One day, an officer from the village committee demanded that I come to his office and sign a statement renouncing Falun Dafa. I talked to my pen while I walked to the village office. I told it, “I have used you to copy many Dafa books. How can I possibly use you to sign such a statement? I definitely won’t sign it!”

After I arrived at the village office, the officer told me to go home because I was not on their list. I realized that because I had righteous thoughts, Master protected me again.

I was taken to the local brainwashing center in 2002. They tried to “transform” me, but failed. I used this opportunity to tell them about Dafa and the persecution.

They ordered me to sit on a small stool. I sent forth righteous thoughts to have them sit on the stools instead. They sat down on the stools. The director of the 610 Office told me not to smile.

“Before I began practicing Dafa,” I said, “I did not smile because my life was so hard. After I began practicing my faith, my life became meaningful, and I experienced happiness. I smile from my heart.” I smiled at her whenever I saw her.

They brought in people from the city and town to “transform” me. They kept demanding that I sign a repentance statement, but I refused.

I dreamed one night that I was released the next day. The next day, I realized that I could go home. I asked for pen and paper and wrote down that I was determined to practice Falun Dafa. The director of the 610 Office threatened to take me to the detention center. I knew that she did not have the final say. I was released at 10 a.m.

Telling People About the Persecution

At the time, the persecution was severe, but I was very strict with myself and maintained my xinxing. I did not have any fear. I told my former students about the persecution and asked them to withdraw from the Chinese Communist Party. I did the same when I saw my relatives, friends, and neighbors.

I was also involved in projects to raise awareness of the persecution using mobile phones, distributing materials, writing letters, and printing information on paper currency.

Looking Inward

I have not had many big tests since I started to practice Dafa. I know that Master has borne much of my karma and that I have only borne a little. Whenever I had issues, I did not bother other practitioners to send forth righteous thoughts for me because I felt that I could pass these tests myself and that others were busy with their own things.

Several days ago, my right arm became swollen, and I was in extreme pain. I could not move or lie down. I knew this was interference from the old forces and that I should not go along with it.

I looked within for any omissions I had. One practitioner complained about the sickness karma she had endured when we were studying the Fa at my home. She cried when she talked about it. I did not understand why she was so upset. I reminded her that she had transformed a lot of black substances into good things after going through so much suffering. Though I said it without any admiration, the old forces took advantage of my loophole and had me go through the same sickness karma.

I was in so much pain that I was unable to cook, wash myself, or look after my three-year-old grandson. Other practitioners came to help me. I could not sleep for four nights because of the excruciating pain. I listened to Master's lectures and asked Master to strengthen me. I sent forth righteous thoughts to negate this persecution.

I did not even think about seeing a doctor or taking medicine. Instead, I practiced the exercises and meditated every day. I recovered several days later.

From this incident, I learned that I had to cultivate my every thought. Cultivation is serious. Righteous thoughts are important. It is imperative that we believe in the Fa and Master.