(Minghui.org) Ms. Lin Lizhen, from Maoming City, was arrested on August 19, 2017, for talking to people about Falun Gong, a spiritual practice being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Her family went to the Huangling Town Police Station to inquire about her.

The police beat her son and were rough with her father, bruising his hand. They tried to file complaints of police brutality on August 21, 2017, but an official examination of the injuries was blocked:

Ms. Lin's family went to the Office of Complaints and Appeal in Dianbai District on that day. They requested that the office investigate how they were abused at the police station. The office clerk called the police station, but he only asked about Ms. Lin's arrest and never asked about Ms. Lin's son being beaten by the police.

The office clerk then asked the family to go back home to get their IDs before going to the medical examiner to have the injuries examined. The officials later changed their instructions and said the family needed to first get permission from the police station to proceed with the examinations.

Additionally, Tang Feipeng, director of Baidian District Committee for Comprehensive Management of Public Security, had told Ms. Lin's father on August 19, 2017 that he would take him to have the injury on his hand examined. However, the next day Tang Feipeng said that he first needed to get permission from the Shuidong Town Police Station.

Ms. Lin's family went to the Shuidong Town Police Station to obtain the needed permission. But they were told that they needed to go back to the Huangling Town Police Station to obtain permission, which is where the abuse took place and whom the complaints would be filed against. They were told they could also go to the Supervision Office of Dianbai District Police Department.

When the family arrived at the supervision office, they were told that the office was aware of the situation and would check the video monitoring systems to see what had occurred that day. The office staff told the family that they needed to get permission from the Huangling Town Police Station for the medical examination, or that they could go directly to the hospital themselves.

Ms. Lin's family also called the supervision hotline of Maoming City and reported the police brutality and requested that Ms. Lin be released. The family was told they would investigate it with the chief of the police station and would inform the family of the results within a week.

Please see the following article for further details about Ms. Lin's arrest and the police brutality:

Mother Detained for Her Faith, Son Beaten by Police for Seeking Her Release