(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Zhu Xuemei from Guiyang City was arrested earlier this year. While incarcerated, she developed a severe health problem, but police refused to release her. She is now held at Nanming District Detention Center.

Arrest and Detention

The police arrested Ms. Zhu at the Guiyang Train Station on April 23, 2017. She was en route to her hometown in Sichuan Province to take care of her 89-year-old mother. Ms. Zhu was taken to the Ergezhai Police Station. On the following day, her home was ransacked.

She developed a severe health problem on April 24 and was taken to the hospital for an examination. She was then taken to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Huaxi District, Guiyang City and held there for several months.

Because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Gong, her arrest was approved by the local Procuratorate. She was sent to Nanming District Detention Center, but was refused entry because she didn't pass the physical examination.

She was sent to Guizhou Provincial Armed Police Corps Hospital Drug Treatment Center and then transferred back to the Nanming District Detention Center. Her health grew worse.

Becoming a Better Person Following Falun Gong Principles

Ms. Zhu is a crew member at Guiyang Train Station. She suffered from hepatitis B and a liver disease for many years before she started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. She used to carry a bag of medications with her while working on the train. After practicing Falun Gong, she gradually became stronger and her jaundiced complexion became rosy. She could easily climb seven flights of stairs to leave the station. All her illnesses disappeared.

Ms. Zhu began behaving in accordance with the principles of Falun Gong, which is Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Her co-workers used to consider her to be a “smart” person who would not let herself suffer any loss. However, since she began practicing Falun Gong, she spent her own money to buy slippers, a washbasin, and other useful items and put them in the lounge for her co-workers to use.

Repeatedly Persecuted

After Jiang Zemin launched the brutal persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Zhu was persecuted multiple times.

In October 2000, she was arrested and her home was ransacked. After this incident, she had to report to the security office at work after every train trip. Sometimes, when she got back from work tired and depressed, people from the local police station and the neighborhood committee were waiting at her home. Every time they came, they banged loudly on the door. After a while, her young son became frightened and started shaking when he heard loud sounds at their door.

She was held in Bainiaoyuan Brainwashing Center for over a month in March of 2001. She went on a hunger strike to protest the cruel treatment. As a result, she was locked alone in a cell and not allowed to sleep or close her eyes. Lights were shone in her eyes to prevent her from sleeping. Guards took turns torturing her in this way.

In March 2002, she was taken from work and sent to Zhongba Brainwashing Center and detained for over three months. While there, she was locked in a very small cell by herself and not allowed to talk to anyone. She had to ask permission from the guards to use the restroom, who would then follow her into the restroom. Her family was not allowed to visit her.