(Minghui.org) I began practicing Falun Gong in May 1998. Prior to that, I was very sick with Hepatitis B, gall bladder stones, insomnia, acid reflux, arthritis, and constipation. I tried Western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, and home remedies. I tried whatever was recommended to me, but to no avail. I had no energy and could not do any housework. I had also exhausted my family’s financial resources. I was agitated all the time and there was only gloom in my family. My husband did not know what to do.

My Life Changes

After I started practicing Falun Gong, I read Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Gong, taking in every word. I learned that the fundamental reason for my poor health was my personality. I was competitive, intolerant, and jealous. Upon understanding this, I followed Master’s teachings,

“Let each and every thingbe measured against the Fa.Only then, with that,is it actually cultivation. ”(“Solid Cultivation” from Hong Yin)

I sincerely eliminated my attachments to selfishness, negative thoughts, and bad habits. I thought of others first.

My ailments soon disappeared. That summer I put on a dress, which I had not been able to wear for a long time due to my rheumatic arthritis – I had to put on very warm clothing even in the summer. I was a changed person. I was so energetic. I turned my messy apartment into a cozy home. My family and friends were so happy for me. Master had saved me and I was living happily every day.

In July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) head Jiang Zemin started the persecution of Falun Gong. We lost our environment to practice as a group. It was hard to believe how they smeared Master and persecuted those who were trying to be good people. I decided to write to the local government to tell them about the positive changes I had undergone after I took up the practice, hoping that they would change their position, but there was no response from them.

Persecuted for My Belief

I went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in October 1999, with trust that the government would do the right thing. As a result, my family was harassed. I was sent to a forced labor camp for three years. My daughter was still a baby.

The local police on December 31, 2011 tracked down local practitioners they had on a blacklist and forcibly took them into custody. Red terror reigned the city. As I was not home at the time, the police took my husband and my son to the police station and threatened, coerced, and intimidated my husband into telling them my whereabouts. They also forced him to take them to my relative’s home out of town where I was staying to take me into custody. I was sentenced to four and a half years in prison.

During the incarceration, Falun Gong practitioners were subject to torture, such as punitive standing, squatting, sitting on a small stool, and solitary confinement in a small cell. In an attempt to force us to renounce our belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, we were bombarded with videos that smeared Falun Gong every day.

We were forced to do hard labor for 14-15 hours a day in June 2013. If we could not finish our work, we had to take the items back to our cell to finish them; sometimes we had to work on them until early the next morning.

Close to Death

Because I was not allowed to study the Fa or do the exercises, and because I was subjected to ill treatment, my body swelled up and some of my old ailments returned. I couldn’t eat or sleep. Once when my husband came to see me, I passed out.

My family and fellow practitioners demanded my release constantly, but the authorities used all kinds of tactics to threaten them, shift the responsibility, and create difficulties for the legal process. I came to realize that prisons were not where Dafa disciples belonged. I was determined to get out of there. I let go of life and death and asked for Master’s assistance. Fellow practitioners also worked together while letting go of their sentimentality toward me to talk to the police officers who were involved, in an attempt to save them.

I appeared to be dying, so they took me to the hospital affiliated with the prison. But the doctor said that I did not meet the requirements to be released on medical bail. I had faith in Master. I asked for Master’s protection.

All the signs and symptoms suggested that I was dying. But my mind was clear. I was reciting the Fa and sending righteous thoughts to disintegrate the evil in other dimensions. Master reminded me to be selfless and unselfish. I knew that in order for the police to not commit crimes against Falun Dafa practitioners and for my family and friends to understand Dafa, I must live. I was like that for 40 days while they tried to get specialists to make a diagnosis.

Living for Others Changed My Fate

With having the thought to live for others, things changed dramatically. The authorities couldn’t get much out of my family to cover the medical cost and it became burdensome to have a police officer watching me around the clock. In addition, they were afraid that, if I did die, they would be held responsible. The specialists were puzzled; they could not figure out what was wrong and yet I seemed so sick. They gave me a vague diagnosis and discharged me.

I went home 36 months ahead of time.

I was saved by Master. Persecution by the old forces was negated. Master shouldered all my hardships. Otherwise, I don’t know how I could have survived on just intravenous infusions. It was not something that could be done by sheer willpower.

My husband carried me up the stairs. I was lifeless, with a urine bag attached to me. My family did not know what to do with me. The guards suggested that they take me straight to the hospital; my friends suggested that I have some rice soup first. But my mind was clear. I knew that it was all false and that I would be just fine. It was like magic. After a short while, I could move my arms and legs. After I cleaned myself a bit, I had five dumplings. Three days later, I was able to get up and walk on my own.

A week after I got back, I went to a family get-together. When they saw me, they were shocked. I was healthy and looked like someone in her 20's. (I am 47). I have 12 siblings and, including in-laws and children, there are more than 100 of us there. They were convinced of the power of Falun Gong. They have since changed their negative thoughts about Falun Gong.

One of the relatives who worked in the court and was planning to bribe someone to get me out of prison, said, “This can only happen with Falun Gong practitioners. Only Falun Gong can revive a 'dead person.'”

One of my brothers-in-law made a bet with other family members that if I could come home without paying anything, he would give me 5000 yuan to buy new clothing. He is speechless now. Another relative completely changed, from being hostile to impressed. He even told other people my story.