(Minghui.org) A Beijing woman returned home after 33 days of detention for her faith, only to find her husband arrested just three days before her release.

Ms. Lang Dongyue and her husband, Mr. Wang Lianyi, were targeted because they refused to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Ms. Lang was arrested on June 20, 2017 and released on July 22. Mr. Wang was arrested on July 19, and is now being held at Yanqing Detention Center.

Wife’s Arrest

The couple was home on June 20 when deputy police chief Yang Jianqing led a group of officers to knock on the door. Mr. Wang refused to open the door and went up to his roof to talk to police outside his home. He urged them to stop persecuting Falun Gong practitioners, but Yang simply asked him to come down.

Ms. Lang then joined her husband on the roof. She called out, “Master [founder of Falun Gong], please save these police from committing crimes!” Yang and his accomplices left after hearing her shouts.

Mr. Wang left home shortly afterwards. Ms. Lang began to read Falun Gong books, but she soon heard noises outside. She looked up to see Yang and another officer scaling the fence to her courtyard. They pried open the door and handcuffed her as soon as they came inside.

Ms. Lang refused to tell police where her husband had gone.

Wife Abused during Detention

Ms. Lang was first taken to her local police station, where chief Zu Yu ordered his officers to remove her shoes and have her stand outside in the baking sun for a whole afternoon.

After she was brought inside, police began to interrogate her. Yang and officer Jiang Tiejun spread a pile of Falun Gong materials in front of her and said, “We found these items from your home. Tell us where you got them!”

Ms. Lang refused to answer and was then restrained to a chair with her hands cuffed behind her back. To make her suffer even more, police kept yanking the handcuffs up from time to time. They didn’t free her from the chair until hours later. By then her feet had lost feeling and her wrists were swollen and bruised. Her hands remained numb for more than one month.

Police then took Ms. Lang to another police station, where she saw officers eat dinner, but wasn’t given any food herself.

Officers Yang and Jiang drove Ms. Lang to Changping Detention Center later that night. She refused to go through the required medical examination and was stripped naked by Yang and Jiang.

Ms. Lang was kept at the detention center for 30 days before being moved to a local brainwashing center to serve three additional days of detention.

Mr. Wang went to the local police station on July 19 to request his wife’s release, only to be arrested himself.