(Minghui.org) I started practicing Falun Gong in 1994. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, and I was incarcerated in a forced labor camp in 2000 for my perseverance in practicing Falun Gong.

At midnight one night, I suddenly felt uneasy with stabbing pain in my heart. A camp guard called the on-duty doctor to check me. The doctor listened to my heart beat and measured my blood pressure. He did not say a word, but hurried away with a nervous expression on his face. I guessed my condition was critical, and he was afraid I would die in the camp.

The deputy head of the camp and some other staff members came over a short time later and talked about sending me to the hospital. I did not want to go. I told them I would recover in no time if I was able to go home and practice Falun Gong. They did not listen. Seven or eight of them dragged me into an ambulance, and I was then escorted to the emergency area of a local hospital.

A doctor examined me and decided to give me an injection and oxygen. I held my faith in Falun Gong and knew I would be fine without any treatment. I removed the oxygen tubing and explained to them why I did so. They asked me to believe in science and to receive treatment.

I explained, “I was hospitalized for nearly one year before I practiced Falun Gong. I spent a lot of money and suffered a lot of pain. My illnesses were not cured through treatment, but became worse. I have not taken a single pill after practicing Falun Gong and I have had no illnesses at all. So think, isn't Falun Gong marvelous?” They were speechless.

Despite their response, they still followed the doctor's order and held me on the bed. A nurse wrapped my leg with plastic tubing and attempted to locate the vein on my left leg for an intravenous drip infusion. I shouted, “Master, help me! I don't want this infusion.” My vein had always been easy for medical staff to locate in the past, but as soon as I shouted that, they could not locate my vein. I struggled and tired them out.

They decided to take a break and then attempted to locate the vein on my right leg by holding me in place again. I shouted and struggled again. They were unable to locate my vein. I sat up and told them, “I will be all right if you let me do the sitting meditation.”

They did not speak. I continued to explain Falun Gong and why the CCP persecutes it.

As they escorted me back to the labor camp, I relayed my experience of miraculously recovering from many severe health problems after I took up Falun Gong. I also asked them not to participate in the CCP's persecution.

I am 62 years old. Before practicing Falun Gong in 1994, I had many ailments and was likely to die at any time. My blood pressure was 150/260. I had heart disease, a lipid disorder, and diabetes, and my legs were paralyzed. I was nearly blind. I had a severe gynecological disease. I had hyperplasia in my vertebrae. I could not take care of myself. A doctor had said I was in critical condition. I was hospitalized for almost a year, during which time my health only deteriorated.

Because I thought my situation was hopeless, I made preparations for my death and arranged for my daughter to go to a boarding school.  Then a neighbor suggested I try practicing Falun Gong, so I did. A short time later, all my illnesses were gone. Master Li gave me a new life. I was very grateful and could not express my appreciation in words. I have practiced Falun Gong ever since.