Additional Persecution News from China – May 11, 2017 (Part II, 10 Reports)
(Minghui.org) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 9 cities or counties in 6 provinces. According to this report, 19 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 7 were illegally arrested.
1. [Ya'an City, Sichuan Province] Belated Persecution News Concerning Mr. Zhang Jun and Mr. Chen2. [Tianjin] Ms. Liu Huiqing Arrested3. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Sun Zongxu Detained4. [Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province] Seven Practitioners Taken to Prison5. [Huaiji County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Xia Jiaxing Detained6. [Linqing City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Guanglan Detained7. [Bijie City, Guizhou Province] Mr. Zhong Hua and Mr. Hu Shuhua Arrested8. [Beijing] Mr. Geng Dahai Transferred to Brainwashing Center9. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Harassed10. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
1. [Ya'an City, Sichuan Province] Belated Persecution News Concerning Mr. Zhang Jun and Mr. Chen
Mr. Zhang Jun, a former police officer from the Dapingshan Labor Reform Farm, was forced to quit his job after practicing Falun Gong. He was arrested and sentenced to four years in prison. He was arrested again in 2013. His whereabouts are unknown.
Mr. Chen (given name not known at this reporting), 42, from Tianquan County, was arrested on the morning of October 8, 2015. He was sentenced to five years in prison.
2. [Tianjin] Ms. Liu Huiqing Arrested
Ms. Liu Huiqing from Dagang District was reported for talking to people about Falun Gong on the afternoon of May 7, 2017. She was arrested and taken to the Shengli Police Station. Officers confiscated her keys and ransacked her home that evening, when no one was at home. They took bank books and Falun Gong materials.
3. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Sun Zongxu Detained
Mr. Sun Zongxu was arrested on May 4, 2017 for distributing Falun Gong materials. He was detained for two days.
4. [Yongxiu County, Jiangxi Province] Seven Practitioners Taken to Prison
Ms. Fu Shujiao, Ms. Hao Huilan, Mr. Zhu Guoxing, Ms. Ge Ling, Ms. Zhu Zhiying, Mr. Li Zhenglin, Mr. Bao Chengyu, and another practitioner with the surname Wei were arrested on April 21, 2016.
Mr. Bao, who is disabled, was released on 20,000 yuan bail. The other seven practitioners, held in detention centers in various counties, were tried and sentenced in October 2016. They were taken separately to the Jiangxi Women's Prison and another prison organized as a farm in February 2017.
5. [Huaiji County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Xia Jiaxing Detained
Mr. Xia Jiaxing was arrested at home by Huang Yong, officer from the Babu District, Hezhou City, Guangxi Autonomous Region, and other officers from the Babu District 610 Office on April 12, 2017. He is held in the Babu Detention Center.
6. [Linqing City, Shandong Province] Ms. Tian Guanglan Detained
Ms. Tian Guanglan was recently arrested by Domestic Security officers. She was taken to the Linqing Detention Center.
7. [Bijie City, Guizhou Province] Mr. Zhong Hua and Mr. Hu Shuhua Arrested
Mr. Zhong Hua was arrested at the Guiyang Train Station by Zhao Qianyao and other officers from the Qixingguan District Domestic Security Division on April 14, 2017. He was placed under administrative detention in Qixingguan for 15 days. He returned home on April 29.
Mr. Hu Shuhua was arrested several days later. He was released the same day.
8. [Beijing] Mr. Geng Dahai Transferred to Brainwashing Center
Mr. Geng Dahai from Fengtai District was arrested and his home ransacked by officers from the Majiapu Police Station on the evening of April 30, 2017. He was detained for one week and then transferred to the Fengtai District Brainwashing Center.
Participants in the persecution of Mr. Geng:Zhao Jiahang (赵嘉珩), director, Majiapu Police Station: +86-10-67562970, +86-10-67562965Ma Weiming (马伟明), residential police officer: +86-13701095719
9. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Harassed
Officers from the Hanting District Domestic Security Division and a local police station broke into Ms. Sun Yanli's home in Yangmeng Village, Zhangshi Town, and ransacked it on April 17, 2017. They confiscated two photos of the founder of Falun Gong.
Over 10 officers broke into Ms. Xu Chunxia's home and ransacked it on the morning of April 25, 2017. They confiscated three photos of the founder of Falun Gong, about 1,800 yuan, a small radio, and a walkman.
In addition, the officers broke into the homes of Ms. Zhu Tingrong, Ms. Zhu Yunjiu, Ms. Zhu Juan, and Ms. Li Qiumei that afternoon and harassed them. They confiscated USB memory sticks from Mr. Sun Kaoyi's home.
10. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Mr. Li Leping's home was ransacked by about 200 officers from the Songyuan Police Department, the Ningjiang No. 2 Police Department, the armed police and the SWAT Team on the afternoon of August 28, 2016. They confiscated a computer, a printer, Falun Gong books and materials.
A group of officers beat Ms. Dong Zuozhen and Ms. Zhao Lanyun (Mr. Li's wife). SWAT officers shot at Mr. Zhang Hongjiu (Mr. Li's in-law) twice. Mr. Zhang was taken to a hospital for treatment and then transferred to the Songyuan City Detention Center the following day.
Mr. Li, his wife Ms. Zhao, and Ms. Dong were taken to the Songyuan City Detention Center the same day.
On the same day, the officers arrested 17 practitioners and ransacked their homes. The 17 practitioners were taken to the Songyuan City Detention Center.
Twelve practitioners have been released. Two were released on bail. Ms. Zhang Ruixia was given a one-and-a-half-year prison term, with two years of probation.
Nine practitioners remain in detention: Mr. Li Leping, Ms. Zhao Lanyun, Mr. Zhang Hongjiu, Ms. Dong Zuozhen, Wang Shibin, Mr. Zhang Shengtai, Ms. He Xiuzhen, Ms. He Hongmei, and Ms. Xu Xiangying (who suffers from mental problems as a result of the persecution).
Participants in the persecution of these practitioners:Zhao Hongqi (赵红旗), secretary of the Songyuan City Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-438-2123240Head of the 610 Office: +86-438-2108140, +86-438-2115900Wang Yinghua (王英华), head: +86-438-3122177, +86-13894956228Sun Hengfei (孙衡飞), head, Domestic Security Division: +86-438-6224593, +86-13804389697