(Minghui.org) I had the great good fortune to have obtained Dafa in the summer of 1998.

Plagued and Tortured by Illnesses

Because of my narrow-mindedness that caused me to get angry constantly, I had caused myself a great many physical problems. I suffered from lumbar disc herniation, thoracic bone hyperplasia, cervical spondylosis, atrophic gastritis, insomnia, anorexia, and much more.

My lumbar disc herniation was especially severe. Doctors said that, without surgery, I would be paralyzed. But I adamantly refused.

Whenever any of my diseases showed up, I would be in such a desperate state that I wished I were dead. If several would show up, I would feel heaven and earth had both deserted me.

I would have indescribable pain on a daily basis. I wanted to choose death over life, but a look at my aged parents and my young children would force me to change my mind.

Falun Dafa Saved Me from Endless Suffering

In the summer of 1998, a friend introduced me to Falun Dafa. When I read Dafa’s text Zhuan Falun, I realized right away I had finally found the way that would deliver me from my desperate state of endless suffering.

To be human was too painful. Now, if I would just do well with my cultivation practice with sincerity and diligence, I would never ever have human suffering again. And so, I entered into Dafa cultivation.

One month later, I could eat and sleep as a normal person again. I also stopped getting upset all the time. Gradually, all my diseases disappeared. For the past eighteen years, I have never had to go to the hospital or take medication or get injections.

Dafa is so amazing!

Because of my introverted personality, I never cared to make contact with other people, so I was basically cultivating by myself.

Remaining Firm in Dafa While Facing the Persecution

It was not until the end of March 1999 that I started to join in group Fa study and exercises. Three months later, the persecution descended upon us.

I firmly believed Dafa’s Master was absolutely righteous and not at all how the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) portrayed him to be, so I began to participate in projects to validate Dafa and clarify the truth.

With a lot of stumbling along the way, I have remained on this path to this day.

At the time, people in the neighborhood known to be practitioners would be subjected to arrest, detention, and home ransacking if they didn’t declare that they would stop practicing. 

The police ransacked my home, took away my Dafa books, and interrogated me for 12 hours.

The strange thing was, I had been a timid person all my life, but all of a sudden, I didn’t feel timid anymore. I was very clear that my purpose on this earth was to help Master in Fa-rectification to save sentient beings. I studied the Fa and did the exercises every day, until, one day, it dawned on me that I needed to let everybody in the world know the truth about Falun Dafa.

Door-to-Door Truth Clarification in Neighboring Counties and Villages

My area is a remote county-level city with lots of villages around. When I realized those villagers were still under the Party’s thumb, having been poisoned by the Communist regime’s propaganda and lies, and didn’t yet have a chance to know the facts about Falun Dafa, I decided I must help them understand.

So, after a brief discussion with fellow practitioners, we began our campaign to distribute Dafa informational materials to each and every village, from 20, 30 miles to 200, 300 miles away. We used the span of a year to visit every single household, covering more than 400 surrounding villages.

From the scorching summer days to the frigid winter months, I worked non-stop, through thick and thin, through joy and pain, sustained by a comforting certainty that truth was being spread and people were being saved.

Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for My Faith

In 2007, a villager reported me to the authorities. I was detained for 14 days. When I was released, I resumed my mission undaunted.

Unfortunately, I was so involved with the job of saving people that I neglected my own cultivation. A year later, I was arrested and detained illegally in the local detention center for over eight months.

I didn’t forget my mission to save people. In those eight months, I successfully persuaded over 100 people in the detention center to quit the Communist Party and its affiliated organizations.

True to the evil Party's "modus operandi" in persecuting Falun Dafa, instead of being released after my illegal detention, my sentence was extended to seven years. I was incarcerated in the provincial women's prison.

Released on Medical Parole in Critical Condition

After a year and a half, my body showed signs of severe sickness karma. After I had endured all the manifested pains and suffering for half a year, the guards finally took me to the hospital.

The doctor was very upset and demanded, “Why did you people wait so long to bring her here? Prisoners are also human beings!”

The guards wanted to know what the problem was.

The doctor said, “There’s no hope for her. You guys are in really deep trouble! It's touch and go for her. She'll most likely be paralyzed from the waist up.”

The guards were incredulous, “How did that happen?”

On the way back to the prison, the guards were still threatening me, “You think we will release you on bail so you can go home to seek medical intervention now? No, we’ll get you treatment in prison until there’s nothing else we can do, until you are at death's door, then, we’ll let you go home.”

The guards reported my condition to the prison authorities. After consulting with the hospital doctor, they decided I would be released on bail promptly because they didn’t want my death on their hands.

The prison chief in charge of persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners said to me, “You are like a grenade in my hands. I will not sleep well as long as you remain here in prison.”

They rushed through the necessary red tape for my release and finished the process in 20 days. Then they threw me out of prison like tossing a hot potato from their hands.

I was sentenced to seven years but was let go after two years and seven months.

At the time, I was in very bad shape. I pleaded for Master’s support. I insisted on studying the Fa and doing the exercises.

Regaining Health in One Year

With much painstaking effort and under Master’s protection and with my practitioner mother’s help, in two months I was able to get out of bed. In three months, I could do a few household chores. In four months, I showed up in front of people who were surprised to see me alive and well. In seven months, I began to help out in my sister’s shop. Within a year, I had recovered completely.

What happened to me was absolutely a miracle, thanks to Master and Dafa. I had been able to walk away from the brink of death and become once more full of life and vitality.

Now, I do my three things every day, with joy in my heart, a joy that cannot be put into words.

I am grateful for the second life Dafa has given me. I give thanks to Master, for His boundless compassion. I am thankful for the selfless care and love of my family and fellow practitioners.

I will put forth my best effort to fulfill my prehistoric vows.