(Minghui.org) I was diagnosed with leukemia in 2005. I regained my health after practicing Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, starting in early 2006.

I deeply appreciate Master Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong, for saving my life and for my happy family.

Turning Away from Dafa

In 2005, I had a good job at a foreign enterprise. My husband was in the cargo delivery business and my son was in kindergarten. We were happy and content.

I was totally swayed by the slanderous propaganda about Falun Gong in the media and was prejudiced against it. When I bought a car, a Falun Gong practitioner gave me an amulet and advised me to renounce the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). I refused and even cursed at her.

I was diagnosed with leukemia a few months later. Because the treatment cost so much in the city, I moved back to my hometown.

Another practitioner told me about Falun Gong and said that it would be good for my health if I sincerely recited, “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.”

Because I had been so misled, I missed my chance. My husband even commented, “There’s no medical basis for that. How could simply reciting a few words do anything?”

My condition deteriorated so much that I even passed out in the hospital. The doctor did not think that I had any hope of surviving and told my family to start arranging for my funeral. He reluctantly put me on oxygen only after my husband insisted. They even told us that it would be of no use if I went to a bigger hospital.

It was after midnight when I was transferred to a city hospital. After being treated in the emergency room, another doctor told my family to be prepared for the worst, as my platelet count was under 10,000. (The normal range is 150,000-400,000.)

Then, the practitioner who had told me about Falun Gong before came and reminded me to recite those sacred words. Since I had nothing to lose, I started to say them.

My family worked hard to borrow enough money to pay for my care. The emergency treatment the night I arrived alone cost more than 10,000 yuan. Then they asked for more money because I needed more blood. The blood cost 2,400 yuan for just 400 cc, which was too much for my family to bear.

To save money, I asked the attending physician for a list of foods that would help me generate blood. The doctor instead suggested that I stay in the intensive care ward because my immune system was compromised. I did not agree, because the cost would have been beyond our means.

Assimilating to Dafa

My husband was in despair. While smoking in the hospital hallway after an argument with the doctor, he met a Falun Gong practitioner.

The practitioner said, “I used to take a lot of medicine. But I haven't taken any for more than 10 years, ever since I started to cultivate. One of my neighbors was also diagnosed with leukemia. He has not taken any medicine since he became a practitioner.”

My husband told me what he’d heard and asked me to recite, “Falun Dafa is good. Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” He even said the phrases with me.

My condition stabilized the following day. My platelet level shot up to 80,000. A physician and his interns who reviewed my blood tests were totally surprised. It was unprecedented in her medical career of over 40 years. They came to find out what had happened.

I did not tell them the truth out of fear, but I knew in my heart that I would be fine as long as I recited those sacred words.

I started doing the exercises and reading Dafa books after my first chemotherapy session. Although I felt fine, I still checked into the hospital for my second chemotherapy session at the scheduled time.

One of the hospital cleaning ladies, who was a Christian, encouraged me to go to church. When I told her that I believed in Falun Gong, she was not happy. She yelled, “Falun Gong practitioners don't come to the hospital! Why are you here?”

I was dumbfounded and suddenly got it. I asked myself why I was there and immediately decided that I would no longer check into the hospital.

I burned all the medicine I’d been given at the hospital and did not return for any more chemotherapy. When my husband complained about my decision, my mother told him, “It’s too expensive for us. Many people have been cured by practicing Falun Gong—just let her do it.”

Twelve years have gone by, and my health is now even better than when I was young. I have regained the weight I’d lost, and everyone says that I am much prettier.

My Son Grew up in the Fa

My son was 6 when I became a practitioner in 2006. He was bony and short. He had stomach problems and took a lot of medication. I read the Fa to him every day and he soon no longer needed to take them.

I alternated reading the Fa with him when he started to read. He could read all of Zhuan Falun, the main book of Falun Gong, before he started grade school. He even could read to his father the poems in Hong Yin Volume II.

Because he, too, had been influenced by the government propaganda, my husband had never supported Dafa. But he changed after my leukemia was cured. He let me read the Fa to our son. He was stunned that our son could read so fluently on his own.

On one occasion, my son had a high fever, and his cheeks were flushed. My husband was petrified and wanted to rush him to the hospital. I stopped him and asked the child to recite Hong Yin with me. In less than ten minutes, he started to sweat all over. My husband tried to keep him awake so that he could continue reading.

When school started, my son helped his teacher distribute the homework to his classmates by reading their names before they’d learned the Chinese characters. Surprised that my son knew so many words, the teacher told him, “If every student in my class was like you, I would not have to worry much.”

My son is kind and has a sense of justice. When he was little, he wanted to be a policeman to arrest bad people. When lawyers who defended good people were “disappeared,” he wanted to be the president to implement better policies. He wanted to help people follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to become good.

Every student was asked to join the Young Pioneers and wear a red scarf. My son asked me to write a letter to his teacher excusing him from joining. The teacher and the school principal agreed. He did not join the Young Pioneers in middle school after my husband called his teacher to inform her of our decision.

My son is strong and athletic. For three years in a row, he won the 800-meter race. He was recognized as “a good student” in his second year in middle school.

Nowadays, making up for lessons during school vacations is a trend. But my son does the exercises and studies the Fa with me at home. We read Zhuan Falun every day. He has read more than 40 books of Master's Fa teachings.

My Husband Becomes a Practitioner

Due to his communist upbringing, my husband was an avowed atheist. He was dubious about Falun Gong even though he witnessed how I had benefited from it.

But he supported my cultivation after I regained my health. He did not oppose my doing exercises with and reading the Dafa books to our son.

In October 2010, I was arrested for the third time and taken to a brainwashing center about 600 miles from home. My husband left our boy with a friend and went to the superintendent’s office, the appeals office, and the police department to try to secure my release.

As advised by the local police, my husband came to visit me. He and another practitioner left home after midnight five days after I was arrested. Because he was so worried about me, he couldn’t sleep, so he was tired and drowsy. Every time he almost fell asleep behind the wheel, he would feel someone knocking him on the head to wake him up. This occurred repeatedly. He realized that Master was protecting him.

They arrived early in the morning. They did not know where the brainwashing center was, and there was no one to ask because it was so early. The other practitioner suggested that they leave it to Master.

My husband just drove around aimlessly and, before they knew it, they’d arrived at the brainwashing center.

My husband insisted that I be released. He asked the head the facility if they knew how I was doing. When told that they would take good care of me, he smacked the table and shouted, “Can you take care of her if she is sick? Can you sign a guarantee that my wife will remain in good health if she stays here?”

Although it had never been permitted before, my husband was allowed to see me in the cell. He walked in, knelt down, and said, “I promised to take good care of you the day we got married. But I’ve failed you.”

After lengthy negotiations, the brainwashing center finally released me. That was attributable to good coordination among our local practitioners. They put up posters about the persecution, wrote to or called the officials responsible, and sent righteous thoughts together.

When my husband carried me down the stairs, he said, “I really realize the existence of Gods. I will start cultivating Dafa starting today.”

When I was arrested the fourth time, my husband went to the police station with my medical records and demanded my release. He told the police, “I support Falun Gong. I thank Dafa for our happy home. Falun Gong is not listed as a cult in our constitution. If my wife is detained and has health problems, who will be held responsible?”

It was incredible that, wherever he went, back and forth, there was always someone who asked him to deliver goods, so he continued to earn a living. Master also opened his celestial eye and let him see that I was safe.

My husband started to smoke at the age of 13 and drink at 14. Not long after he started to cultivate, he quit both completely. His brother-in-law, who used to look down on him, even praised him, telling his two sons, “Follow your uncle's lead.”

Prior to cultivating, he was a little flabby. Now he is nearly 50, but his muscles are very firm. On one occasion, he delivered to a Chinese medicine shop. A Chinese medicine doctor checked his veins and said that my husband must have learned qigong.