(Minghui.org) Ms. Huang Fan (in her 80’s) started to practice Falun Gong in 2005. Soon after, her cancer disappeared. Wishing to let others know how amazing Falun Gong is, she talked to people and wrote letters. She was arrested and is now facing trial.

Cancer Disappears After Practicing Falun Gong

Ms. Huang is from Kunshan City, Jiangsu Province. In 2005, she was diagnosed with late stage cancer. She could not eat or sleep due to the chemotherapy. Feeling her situation was hopeless, she decided to stop the treatment and waited to die.

She started to practice Falun Gong. Within three months, the cancer disappeared and she became healthy. She has not taken any medication since.

Arrested for Sending Letters About Falun Gong

Ms. Huang wanted to let everyone know about this wonderful practice, so she decided to write letters to tell people about Falun Gong.

She was arrested by six police officers when she tried to mail the letters at 9:00 a.m. on July 11, 2016. The police took the letters and she was taken to the Chengzhong Police Station. She was released that same night.

The police ransacked her home on the morning of July 11, 2016. The officers were led by Shen Ping who was in charge of the 610 Office and is currently in charge of persecuting Falun Gong at Kunshan Police Department. A computer, ink cartridges, a portrait of the founder of Falun Gong, and Falun emblems were confiscated.

Framed by Police

Shen Ping and three police officers went to Ms. Huang’s home on September 21, 2016. He told her that she sent out 401 letters. Ms. Huang said that she only mailed 394 letters, and asked where the 7 extra letters came from. He said the 7 letters had been returned.

Ms. Huang questioned him, "The letters hadn't been mailed yet, how could they be returned if they were not even sent out?"

Shen Ping went to Ms. Huang’s home again on November 4, 2016. He told her that her case was sent to the Procuratorate. The Procuratorate notified her on December 28, 2016, that her case was returned to the police department due to insufficient evidence.

Shen Ping visited Ms. Huang on January 3, 2017, and tried to get more information.

In order to build the case against Ms. Huang, Shen Ping added something that happened in 2015. On May 13, 2015, Ms. Huang and two practitioners visited Shen Ping's home. One of the practitioners knew Shen Ping's mother. Shen Ping was not home, so they talked with his father.

The three practitioners talked to Shen Ping's father about Falun Gong and told him that whoever persecutes practitioners may be held responsible for their deaths and injuries. They said they came to advise the family against doing bad things so the family would have a good future.

The following day, all three practitioners' homes were searched by police. When the police came, five elderly practitioners were at Ms. Huang's home. The police took them to the police station and interrogated them. Six Falun Gong books were confiscated. The practitioners were released at midnight.

Shen Ping asked the three practitioners who came to his home to come to the police station to talk to him. Two practitioners came, but they were detained at the local detention center for 5 days.

Facing Trial

On March 13, 2017, Ms. Huang received a call from the Kunshan court advising her about her upcoming trial.