(Minghui.org) Ms. Mu Xiaomei, a Falun Gong practitioner from Qian'an County, Jilin Province, was arrested on January 6, 2017, and held at Changchun City No. 4 Detention Center.

She was ordered to sign documents from the Procuratorate, but she refused, because she had done nothing wrong. The Procuratorate announced on April 7 that the case had been dismissed, and she was released.

Similar occurrences of Falun Gong practitioners being released by the authorities have also been seen in other areas of China. After learning the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution, many officers have made decisive steps to stop following the Chinese Communist Party's persecution policy.

Turned Down by the Weizigou Detention Center

Ms. Mu was arrested by officers from Jincheng Police Station, along with Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Dong Yanhua and Ms. Yang Yuzhi. Ms. Dong and Ms. Yang were both taken to Weizigou Detention Center, where they were held for two weeks.

Ms. Mu's family did not know where she was, nor did they receive any notification from the police for more than a week. They later heard that she had also been taken to Weizigou Detention Center, but officials there had refused to admit her, so she was returned to the police station.

Liu Hui, assistant director of the police station, ordered a physical examination of Ms. Mu the following day and took her back to the detention center later in the day. She was transferred to Changchun No. 4 Detention Center on January 20.

Ms. Mu's family hired an attorney on her behalf. The Procuratorate withdrew the case on April 7 and she returned home.

Multiple Detentions

Ms. Mu, 53, began practicing Falun Gong in 1996. The principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance changed her life significantly, making her more open-minded and willing to help others.

Nonetheless, she had been detained multiple times for her belief. She was taken to a labor camp in 2003, where the guards shocked her with electric batons, attempting to force her to give up her belief. They also made her sleep next to an inmate with scabies. She was later transferred to an intensified unit where she was deprived of sleep.

She was arrested again in September 2007 and held at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for two years.

According to reports on the Minghui website, at least 840 practitioners in Jilin Province were mistreated in 2016 for practicing Falun Gong. Among them, six lost their lives while in police custody, 66 were sentenced to prison, and 140 had their homes ransacked.

Recent reports however, have cited incidents of charges being dropped, cases being dismissed, and illegally-held practitioners being released.