(Minghui.org) Ms. Guo Baohua, a Falun Gong practitioner from Tianjin, was arrested on December 9, 2014 for posting Falun Gong flyers in Beijing and was sentenced to three years in prison on June 19, 2015 without her family being notified. During her detention at Tianjin Women's Prison, Ms. Guo was humiliated and savagely beaten for refusing to wear the inmate uniform.

Prison guard Xu Liying used a pair of scissors to cut Ms. Guo's clothes from behind and ripped them off. Ms. Guo was in only her panties and had a towel to cover her chest. To humiliate her, the guards did not allow her private use of the washroom and restroom unless it was with other inmates, so that everyone could see her almost naked. During her menstrual period, the guards forbade inmates to provide her any help, including tissues or feminine hygiene products.

Guards forced Ms. Guo's cell mates to do hard labor 12 hours or longer every day. As the cell mates could not stand the abuse, they vented their resentment on Ms. Guo. Cui Hongyu, one of the inmates, beat and cursed at her at will.

On one Sunday morning, under the instigation of inmate Guo Liying, the whole cell started beating her. Inmate Han Qiyue slapped her face while holding her hair. Inmate Ning Xiaohua stomped on her face and kicked her in the head. Another inmate Lu Shan kept kicking her, while others forced the inmate uniform on her.

As Ms. Guo refused to give up her practice of Falun Gong, she was forced by inmates to stand for extended periods of time, deprived of sleep, and fed only a steamed bun and a pickle. Within a short time, she became very thin and suffered from malnutrition. The inmates who mistreated Ms. Guo did this with the guards' support, as they got their terms shortened or were rewarded in other ways.

Ms. Guo was initially detained in a brainwashing center in 2001. Later she was sentenced to a year and a half of forced labor, later extended by another year.

During her detention at Banqiao Women's Labor Camp in Tianjin, the guards locked her in a windowless room for over a month with her hanging by the handcuffs. The guards shocked her all over the body with electric batons on April 1, 2003. Later she was locked up in a wooden cage continuously for several days.