(Minghui.org) Mr. Yang Yueliang, a Falun Gong practitioner in Yanshan County, Hebei Province, was arrested less than four years after finishing a 10-year prison term for refusing to renounce his belief in Falun Gong. His case has been with the local procuratorate for three months, and he is likely to be indicted soon.


Officers from Shengfo Town Police Station arrested Mr. Yang and Mr. Liu Wenting, another practitioner, when they were setting up a satellite dish capable of receiving uncensored broadcasts for a customer on August 4, 2016. They were later taken to the Yanshan County Detention Center.

Yanshan County Procuratorate approved Mr. Yang's arrest about a month later and sent his case back to the Yanshan Police Department a week after the approval. The police ransacked his home several times to try to collect evidence against him. The procuratorate has now been in possession of his case for three months.

Mr. Liu's family was fined, and he was released after being detained for a month. His car was confiscated when he was arrested and has yet to be returned.

When both practitioners' family members and several other practitioners went to the Shengfo Police Station to seek the arrested practitioners’ release, they were detained for a day. Two of the practitioners' homes were ransacked.

In one of the ransacked homes, the police found a list of people who had had satellite dishes installed. They went to these customers' homes and dismantled their dishes about a week later.

Persecuted in the Past

Three police officers broke into Mr. Yang's home on December 19, 2001. They beat him and ransacked his home. He was taken to a brainwashing center.

Mr. Yang went on a hunger strike in the brainwashing center and was tortured. He was released when his condition became critical. However, police and agents from the local 610 Office often went to his home to harass and threaten him, striking fear into the hearts of his two young children.

Mr. Yang and his family were forced to leave home in April 2002 to avoid further persecution. The Yanshan County Police Department tried to track them down and advertised a reward for any information about them. Their relatives were detained and questioned, and their homes were searched.

When Mr. Yang visited his mother on Chinese New Year's Eve, January 31, 2003, the police arrested him. Officers also searched the homes of his mother, his brother, and his sister. The media reported false information about his arrest.

Mr. Yang was later sentenced to ten years in prison and was detained in the Shijiazhuang City Fourth Prison.

While he was in prison, his wife was fired from her job because she refused to renounce Falun Gong, putting the family in a difficult financial situation.