(Minghui.org) I am a 72-year-old retired teacher. I started practicing Falun Dafa in June 1997. I was arrested for talking to people about Falun Dafa in June 2012. The police detained me without following any legal procedures. I injured my legs while escaping by climbing over a wall that was over six feet high.

I was taken to the hospital, where the doctor said I had two broken ankles, with the right one a comminuted fracture. My tibias and fibulas were broken as well, and my left kneecap was fractured. There was also a large cyst on my head filled with blood. The doctor told me, “Due to your age and the severity of your injuries, even after treating you, I can’t guarantee that you will ever fully recover.”

I did not panic and said to myself, “I am a Dafa practitioner. Master is taking care of me. I will fully recover with my steadfast belief in Dafa.” I also had heard about practitioners who were injured from beatings and torture but had recovered.

I refused any medication or surgery. Shocked, my doctor warned me, “You will regret it later because, without treatment, it is guaranteed that you will be disabled.” I was fully aware of the doctor's reasoning as I recalled a senior woman about my age in my neighborhood who had broken her leg. She’d had surgery to put in a metal plate for reinforcement and better healing. Yet once the plate was removed a year later, her leg broke again and she has been disabled ever since.

My decision worried my family. My son and daughter tried to convince me to get a second opinion from an orthopedic expert at a prestigious hospital. My husband lost several pounds within days from worry. My younger brother cried in front of me. Other relatives also voiced their concerns, but I did not waver. I placed 100% trust in Master and Dafa.

On my fourth day in the hospital, something wondrous happened. The blood in the cyst was completely dissolved and eliminated through urination. Also, in spite of my severe injuries and not taking any medication, I did not feel any pain, did not have any inflammation and ate and slept like normal.

The two nurses caring for me were amazed, as in the many years in their profession they had never seen such severe injuries that were not accompanied by pain. My hospital roommates thought the same and it made them want to know more about Falun Dafa.

On the eighth day, I checked out of the hospital and went home.

At home, I resumed Fa study and did the exercises as usual. Since I could not stand, I did the exercises sitting in bed. In 39 days, I started to stand to do the exercises. Initially, I could only stand for ten minutes to do the first exercise; the next day I stood for 20 minutes to do the first and third. I managed to increase the time each day. By the sixth day, I could do the full hour for the standing exercises. I could also use crutches to walk to the bathroom on my own.

Initially, my husband was angry at me for doing the exercises against his will. But when he saw how I improved day by day, he was reassured. However, when I started doing the sitting meditation with my legs crossed in the double lotus position, he was worried again and said to me, “Even young people have to rest and allow the bones to grow together for at least three months. Now you are crossing your legs that haven’t properly healed. How will you ever recover like this? You will be disabled for the rest of your life.”

I told him that Dafa was powerful beyond any ordinary thinking and that doing the exercises more would help me to recover. Within 50 days of my return home, I could walk around without any help. Soon I was able to cook and do normal chores. I fully recovered in a little over four months.

My family and friends all witnessed the extraordinary process. They no longer had any doubt about the power of Dafa. My sister-in-law used to be the most stubborn person when it came to believing in Dafa. Now she is completely convinced.

Dafa Gave Me a Healthy Body

Prior to practicing Dafa, I used to suffer from a multitude of ailments, including a benign but inoperable tumor the size of an egg on my throat, a severe anal fissure resulting in hemorrhage, sinusitis, gastritis, s frozen shoulder, vertigo, lumbar muscle degeneration, and dental issues. Soon after I began practicing, they all disappeared.

Unfortunately, two years later, Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Dafa. My faith was not solid, so I gave up the practice due to fear and pressure from the authorities in 2000. By 2002, my previous medical problems had all recurred.

In June 2002, my younger brother was diagnosed with gastric cancer and had surgery. Then in March 2003, I developed the same symptoms as my brother. I feared it was hereditary because my father died of gastric cancer. I took medication for two months without any effect while losing weight in the meantime.

I thought hard about my situation. Deep down I knew there was nothing in this world that could cure my illnesses except for practicing Dafa. I realized that Master had not given up on me. I was determined to take this opportunity to return to Dafa and resume my practice. From then on, I kept up my Fa study, doing the exercises, and cultivating my xinxing. My health improved and returned to normal very soon.

I developed shingles, which caused unbearable pain, in the winter of 2007. Understanding it as a process of karma elimination, I endured the pain, did not see a doctor or use any medication, and kept up my Fa study and exercises as normal. Within four days, the pain went away. Within ten days, all the symptoms disappeared completely.

The extraordinary experiences of practitioners like me are a manifestation of Dafa's power. If we could record all these stories, each practitioner would be able to compile a book filled with what people might consider myths and legends.