(Minghui.org) I was diagnosed with late-stage cancer at the end of 2013. I underwent surgery, chemotherapy, and other radiation treatments. My beautiful, thick hair soon fell out. At the time, I was barely in my 40s.

Although doctors were able to stabilize my condition, I felt apathetic and traumatized. I was no longer able to work and could barely do a few household chores. My family was not well off, and this was a big burden for us.

Little did I know that things would actually get worse for me before they got better, or that the happy ending of my story would surpass anything I could have ever dreamed.

Bereft While Cancer Spreads

My mother suddenly died in spring 2016. I was devastated and cried incessantly. I was also in constant pain, especially my lower back.

I thought I might have a protruding disk, but it became more and more painful. I had trouble turning over, getting out of bed, and ran a high fever. My heart rate was abnormal. I was treated at the county hospital for 20 days but my condition worsened.

I was transferred to the city hospital where doctors discovered that the cancer had spread to my lumbar vertebra, lungs, thoracic vertebra, and other areas. I was emaciated and incredibly weak. I felt that the treatment was pretty pointless.

I returned home, but the pain throughout my body was unbearable. I was often in a stupor.

The doctors said that there was no further treatment they could give me when I returned to the hospital on October 2, 2016. They simply sent me home. My husband wasn't willing to accept their prognosis and wanted to take me to a traditional Chinese medicine center in the provincial capital. I could no longer walk and could not make the trip. I gave up all hope.

From the Brink to Cultivation

My mother's younger sister had practiced Falun Dafa for many years. She was constantly by my side when I returned home. She encouraged my husband and me to recite, “Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” She also suggested that I practice Falun Dafa.

Before, she had given me a copy of Zhuan Falun, a DVD of Teacher Li Hongzhi lecturing, and a DVD of the five exercises. Although I had listened to and watched them, I didn't really let them touch my heart.

So my aunt urged me again to listen to the recordings. I quietly agreed, but didn't have any optimistic expectations. Numbly and mechanically I listened to the recordings, as if in a daze. Yet, though I fell asleep, I felt quite comfortable.

My fever came down and I didn't have as much pain within a few days. So I had no fever and no pain at all. I was then gradually able to sit up. My appetite came back and I was able to eat a little more. I gained weight and every day my health improved.

My husband and I thought that Falun Dafa was truly miraculous. I had recovered from the brink of death. I was truly grateful to Teacher Li for his great compassion in giving me a new life. I couldn't stop myself from calling out, “Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”

As I was now able to get out of bed and walk, my husband and I watched the exercise instructions. We began studying the Fa and doing the exercises every day. The experience of studying the Fa left an indelible mark on us, and we wanted to study as much as we could.

We were more able to understand the principles and the deeper meanings of the Fa as we continued to read Zhuan Falun. We realized the book wasn't just teaching us how to become better people, but that we could actually cultivate to higher levels and reach enlightenment.

Many of my relatives decided to practice Falun Dafa after witnessing my incredible recovery. As such, we’ve all showed respect and wished Master Li a Happy New Year every year!