(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners Mr. Li Guoping and Mr. Xiong Jiwei from Yingcheng City were arrested at their workplace on November 7, 2017 and tortured on a Tiger Bench for over 20 hours.

Torture Illustration: Tiger Bench

Mr. Xiong is being held in the Hanchuan Detention Center and has been on a seven-day hunger strike as of November 13.

Mr. Li was released because of high blood pressure, but was fired from his job because officers had harassed him during his work hours, which affected his ability to complete his duties.

Mr. Li Guoping's Arrest

A dozen officers from several police stations in Hanchuan City and Yingcheng City arrested Mr. Li Guoping at around 8 a.m. on November 7 at the Changzhou Salt Company where he worked.

The police took his home key and ransacked his house They seized a photo of the founder of Falun Gong, several Falun Gong books, and other personal belongings.

They took Mr. Li to the Hanchuan Police Department and interrogated him. They shackled him to a tiger bench for over 20 hours, where he remained immobilized except for going to the restroom. He went on a hunger strike to protest his detention and torture.

Mr. Li was taken to the Hanchuan People's Hospital for a physical examination the next day, and he displayed a high blood pressure with a rapid heartbeat. They took him home later that afternoon as they feared he would die.

Mr. Li called his company after arriving home, and his company said that because the police had harassed him twice at his workplace, his work was affected, and therefore they'd fired him.

Mr. Xiong Jiwei's Arrest

Two police officers went to the hospital where Mr. Xiong Jiwei worked at around 8 a.m. on November 7. They asked him to step out for a talk.

About six police officers suddenly surrounded Mr. Xiong and dragged him to a police car as soon as he stepped out of the hospital. His home was ransacked, and a tablet, Falun Gong books and other items were seized.

Mr. Xiong was taken to the Hanchuan Police Department and interrogated. They forced him to sit on the tiger bench for over 20 hours, not even allowing him to use the restroom.

The political director said repeatedly: “We want you to suffer until you die.”

Mr. Xiong was taken to the Hanchuan Detention Center the next day for a term of 15 days.