(Minghui.org) How I became a Falun Dafa practitioner was quite interesting. I was walking to work one morning in 2007, and an older woman said to me that I looked kind and wondered what I practiced.

She later suggested that I should practice Falun Dafa and offered to teach me the exercises. I didn’t have time, so she suggested that I remember “Falun Dafa is good. Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.”

I did. I recited it all the time. Suddenly it struck me that I must find this Fa.

One day when my neighbor visited me, I casually asked her what she practiced since she looked young and healthy for her age. She told me about Falun Dafa, and I knew that it was time for me to pick up the practice. She wanted to lend me the book Zhuan Falun but I didn’t know how to read. She then offered me cassettes so that I could listen to the lectures from Zhuan Falun.

It just so happened that I had a cassette player that had been sitting around for years that still worked.

Later I joined a local Fa study group and decided to buy the book. The next day a practitioner gave me the book, and I read along as the other practitioners read it out loud.

I picked up some characters that day. When I went back, I had my son teach me how to use pinyin and had a practitioner show me how to use a dictionary. In eight months I knew all the characters in the book. Afterward I read all of Master’s other lectures.

It’s a Miracle’

One day I was hit by a car that was going very fast. I lay there and could not get up on my own. Though I told the driver that I was fine, others still picked me up and took me to a hospital. The doctor said that I had fractured my spine, and that I needed to go to a better hospital. My children dragged me to a hospital in Beijing and I had surgery. I insisted on going home the next day.

The day after I got home, I woke up at 3 a.m. and did the exercises for 40 minutes. I never had worse pain. My body was covered with sweat and I couldn’t stop trembling.

I still insisted on doing the exercises every day. While in bed, I listened to Master’s lectures and memorized the poems from Hong Yin. In less than a month, I was able to do household chores. My doctor was amazed when he saw me at the next appointment. “It’s a miracle,” he said.

Another time a car hit me and threw me into the air as I was riding a bicycle. Before I knew it, I was kneeling on the ground and my bike was crushed. The driver was very frightened at my condition. I told her to leave, and I was fine.

Why Don’t You Tell Them About Your Practice?’

After I became a practitioner, I got rid of all of my physical ailments—heart problems, chronic colitis, low blood pressure, headaches and back pain. I couldn’t wait to tell others about how great the practice is, and I knew that Master wanted me to tell others about the persecution.

I started by giving out fliers. A practitioner told me that I needed to talk to people to make sure that they really understood the persecution.

I teamed up with another practitioner and learned as I watched her clarify the truth. Soon I knew that it was time for me to do Dafa work independently.

I went out every day. I was very excited and not scared at all. One day I met an older woman in a park and learned that she was a teacher. From our conversation she guessed that I was a Falun Gong practitioner. She looked behind me and said, “Why don’t you tell them about your practice?” I turned around to see three police officers.

They put me in their squad car. I kept sending righteous thoughts on the way to the police department. I honestly told them about what I did on a daily basis and how I had benefited from the practice.

They asked me to give up the practice, but I refused. “I can live without food, but not Falun Dafa. Without it I wouldn’t be alive today with all the illnesses I had.” The police chief arrived and I told him again what I said to the other officers. He gave the order to release me and had my son pick me up. I wasn’t a bit scared the whole time.

I Am a CCP Member and Will Gladly Quit’

I once went to a train station with another practitioner to clarify the truth and saw two men. A police car was parked nearby. I went straight toward them and began to talk to them about the persecution and why they should quit the Chinese Communist Party.

I saw two officers coming my way and stop not too far from me. I continued to speak to the two men and helped them quit the CCP. I then got on my bike and left. The other practitioner found me and asked if I was aware of the police nearby. I told her that I was aware, but I had to finish what I started.

When I talk to people about the persecution and quitting the CCP, it almost always goes well. I start with small talk and ask if the person is a CCP member. When the person says yes, I ask if s/he had heard of quitting the CCP to stay safe because s/he was branded with evil.

I got used to going out and telling people the facts and, if I didn’t go for a day, it would feel as if something was wrong. Sometimes when I am out, I don’t eat all day.

One day I saw a practitioner talking to someone, but didn’t have any literature for the person when he asked. I quickly went over and gave the person a pamphlet.

He went back to his car right away and I didn’t get to talk to him. One day I was at another village and saw a person painting his house. I immediately recognized that he was the person from the other day. I knew that Master had arranged for this. After I talked to him, he told me, “I am a CCP member and will gladly quit.”

Another day I walked a long time but couldn’t find anyone to talk to, and then I saw an older man pushing a scooter. He said, “I’m out of gas.”

I knew that Master wanted him to be saved. I began clarifying the truth to him and made sure that he understood.

Afterward I told him that he could try his scooter again because there might still be gas. There was. He got on the scooter and rode away.