(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Kuang Dongliang, a resident of Hanyin County, Ankang City, Shaanxi Province, had gone into hiding for years to escape being persecuted by the authorities.

He went to visit his 70-year-old parents on September 26. County police got wind of the visit and came to arrest him. Mr. Kuang is now being held in the Hanyin County Detention Center. His parents, wife, and less-than-10-year-old son hope that he will be released soon.

Beaten and Kicked in 2000Mr. Kuang went to Beijing to petition for justice for Falun Gong in 2000, several months after the regime's campaign of persecution officially began. 
Waiting outside the entrance to the National Appeals Office, he was approached by a gang of people in military-style clothes who kicked and beat him until he fell to the ground. They took him to the Shaanxi Province Liaison Office in Beijing, where he was again beaten and detained.

He was taken back to his hometown and detained in the Hanyin County Detention Center. The detention authorities ordered two inmates to beat him. They forced his head into a toilet bowl, kicked his chest, and slapped his face until he felt dizzy, his eyes bled, and he could hardly see. He was released 23 days later, after the authorities extorted 3,000 yuan from his family.

Two-and-a-half Years of Forced Labor in 2001

Mr. Kuang headed to Beijing again in January 2001. At the Beijing train station, he was arrested and taken to the Shaanxi Province Liaison Office and subsequently returned to his hometown. 

He was sent to the Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp for two-and-a-half years. In the camp he was subjected to brainwashing and made to do forced labor. He was hung by handcuffs until he nearly passed out from the excruciating pain.

Relentless Monitoring and Harassment

After being released from the labor camp in 2003, he was monitored around the clock. When he was at another practitioner's home talking about looking for a job, the police forced their way into the home and demanded he report everything he had done that day. The police also warned him of the trouble he would cause anyone that he came into contact with.

To earn a living, Mr. Kuang got a loan and opened a convenience store in his home in 2004. His business partner, Mr. Wu Xinming, was also a Falun Gong practitioner who had just been released from a forced labor camp. One day they were arrested at the store and taken to the local police station for hours of interrogation.

Mr. Wu was sent to a forced labor camp for two years. In Zaozihe Labor Camp, his front teeth were knocked out and his ribs were broken. He was released only when he was near death. Not long after, however, he was arrested and tortured again. 

He passed away at the age of 40, leaving behind an unemployed wife, a son, and a daughter.

Into Hiding in 2005, Discovered in 2009

After Mr. Kuang's home was ransacked and his mother arrested and detained for days in March 2005, he went into hiding.

The local police found out where he was and monitored his cell phone in 2009. They arrested him and his wife in Xi'an City and held them in a hotel room. He was hung by handcuffs. The next day Mr. Kuang escaped. His wife was later taken to a brainwashing center.

He was put on the wanted list, and his family and neighbors were monitored in an effort to locate him. His parents were harassed, and his family, in-laws, and friends' telephone lines were all tapped.


Mr. Kuang started practicing Falun Gong in 1995 and lived by the Falun Gong principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He was a good son, father, husband, and employee. He recovered from all his ailments after he started to practice Falun Gong. His relatives, friends, and coworkers all respected him.

Related report:Crimes Committed in the Zaozihe Forced Labor Camp in Shaanxi Province