(Minghui.org) Ms. Yang Xuqin, a former teacher at the Hui County No. 1 Middle School in Longnan City, was arrested on January 16, 2017. She had been in self-exile for three years to avoid being persecuted.

Longnan City authorities decided on the morning of January 16 that they would detain Ms. Yang's husband and brother-in-law, as well as her brother and sister, if she did not turn herself in. She thus returned to Longnan that afternoon and was arrested and taken to the Cheng County Detention Center.

Family and Relatives Harassed

The police went to Ms. Yang's school and attempted to arrest her in October 2013, but she was not at the school. She left her home to avoid being arrested.

Since then, the police has continually harassed her family to find out her whereabouts. They also harassed her relatives in other cities.

They went to Ms. Yang's daughter's school and arrested her during a test. They questioned the young girl without the presence of her parents. She was emotionally traumatized.

Ms. Yang filed a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the communist regime, in 2016 for his launching the persecution of Falun Gong, which caused harm to her and her family.

Under orders of the Gansu Province 610 Office, the Hui County No. 1 Middle School fired Ms. Yang in May 2016, claiming that she had made a false accusation.

The Gansu Province Political and Legal Affairs Committee (PLAC), the 610 Office, and the Public Security Bureau recently ordered Hui County authorities to find Ms. Yang, threatening to penalize the officials in charge of the case. Ma Xiangxian, deputy secretary of the Gansu Province PLAC, gave the order to arrest Ms. Yang's husband if the police could not find her.

The police summoned Ms. Yang's husband to the Hui County Police Department several times and interrogated him. They accused him of shielding his wife and said that they would press charges against him.

The police also harassed Ms. Yang's sister and brother-in-law in Tianshui City.

Detained Three Times in 2012 and 2013

Ms. Yang, 46, was arrested at her school on April 27, 2012. The police ransacked her home and confiscated Falun Gong books, two computers, and other personal belongings. She was released on medical parole after being detained for 23 days.

Hui County Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Yang again on January 22, 2013. She was detained for four months and released on bail on May 22, 2013.

She was taken to a brainwashing center and detained for another six days in August 2013.