(Minghui.org) Mr. Yang Jianliang is a 49-year-old engineer from Baoding, Hebei Province. In the past 17 years, because he would not renounce his belief, he has been arrested, placed under house arrest, illegally detained in mental hospitals, and sent to a forced labor camp for two years. His family has also suffered significantly.

Mr. Yang filed a criminal complaint with the Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuratorate on June 13, 2015 against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin, who launched the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999.

A co-worker told Mr. Yang about Falun Gong in 1998. He has followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance and treated others kindly ever since. He is a model employee at work and a good husband and father at home.

Placed Under House Arrest

Mr. Yang went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa in October 2000 and was placed under house arrest at his workplace. He was monitored by two to three people at all times. His father, brothers, wife and even his child begged him to give up his belief. He refused to give in.

Managers at his workplace forced him to write a guarantee that he would give up his cultivation. Instead, he wrote about Dafa, which made the management angry.

Mr. Yang was expelled from the party and disciplined at his workplace. It was widely announced through the company’s newspaper and TV. He was placed under house arrest for ten days.

Detained in Mental Health Hospital Illegally

Mr. Yang was taken from his house by four to five people from his company on February 25, 2001, because he refused to write what his managers wanted. They originally planned to take him to the local police substation. Later, they decided to send him to the Sixth Mental Health Hospital of Hebei Province.

In the hospital, they tied Mr. Yang's arms and legs to a bed so that he couldn’t move. When the director ordered doctors and nurse to check on him, Mr. Yang clarified the truth about Dafa to them. The director asked him to demonstrate the exercises to them. They realized that he was tell them the truth. The director later told everybody to leave Mr. Yang alone.

With the help of truth clarification efforts and rescue phone calls from other practitioners, Mr. Yang was released from the hospital after three days. However, he was not allowed to return to work for two weeks. He was also demoted from his position as an engineer to a worker doing late shifts.

Arrested Multiple Times

Mr. Yang and about four other practitioners were arrested in the fall of 2001. They were taken to Dongfeng Road Police Substation. Some of them were detained for 15 days.

The company again demanded that Mr. Yang write a guarantee statement in 2002. To avoid further persecution, he had to leave home. The company fired him.

Mr. Yang was arrested again on September 12, 2002, and tortured. He was restrained in an iron chair and beaten and kicked by the police, who also shocked him with high-voltage electric batons.

Mr. Yang managed to escape after three days.

Forced Labor Camp

After Mr. Yang escaped, Nanshi District Police Substation officers started an intense search for him.

He was arrested when he visited a practitioner on October 25, 2005. The perpetrators hid him at Hebei Agriculture University.

He was brutally tortured there and transferred to Baoding Detention Center three days later. Mr. Yang was pulled into a bathroom and doused with cold water. He was forced to wear an inmate uniform and deprived of sleep.

Through his efforts to explain the truth about Falun Gong, about 14 to 15 inmates withdrew from the Chinese Communist Party and its associated organizations. In the afternoon of November 20, Mr. Yang was sent to Balizhuang Baoding Forced Labor Camp for two years.

Mr. Yang was brutally tortured in Baoding Forced Labor Camp. He was shocked with electric batons. He went on hunger strike to protest. They then force-fed him. He was tied to the death bed. After 20 days of brutal torture, Mr. Yang was no longer able to bear it and wrote a statement against his will that he would not practice anymore.

In the forced labor camp, Mr. Yang was forced to do hard manual labor without pay. Sometimes prisoners were forced to work until midnight. Mr. Yang was not released until the end of May 2007.

On certain days, the government makes an extra effort to suppress protests. When Mr. Yang went home, during these so-called sensitive days, agents harassed him and his family at his house.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.