(Minghui.org) Mr. Zhu Changming, 51, is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Donggang City, Liaoning Province. After former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin initiated the persecution of Falun Dafa in July 1999, Mr. Zhu has been arrested, subjected to forced labor and sentenced to 13 years in prison. He filed a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin on August 17, 2015.

He recounted his suffering in the criminal indictment as follows:

I started practicing Falun Dafa in June 1995 with my wife. I followed the principle of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance at work and in life. I was awarded for excellence at work and was promoted. Through practicing Falun Dafa, I recovered from my long term health issue and became illness-free.

However, after the former Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) leader Jiang Zemin started to persecute Falun Dafa in July 1999, I was arrested and detained three times, subjected to forced labor and sentenced to 13 years in prison.

I was arrested on July 21, 1999 in Huludao City and was transferred the next day to Donggang City, where I was detained for seven days.

I was arrested again on September 2, 1999 by officers from the Yizhuang Township Police Station in Daxing County, Beijing. After being detained in the Daxing County Detention Center for five days, I was taken back to Donggang City, Liaoning Province and was detained for more than 40 days.

I was arrested in December 1999 in Donggang City and was detained for 15 days.

On December 1, 2000, I was arrested by police from the Xiangyang Police Station. One month later, on January 3, 2001, I was sent to Dandong City Forced Labor Camp and was detained there for nearly one year.

Brutally Tortured During Interrogation

Around 6 p.m. on April 9, 2002, I was at home with family and a few friends. Police raided my home. More than 20 people broke into my house, including Yang Feng (deputy director of the Donggang City CCP Committee), Zhou Hengchen (deputy of the Donggang Police Department), Bi Xiwu (head of the Xiangyang Police Station) and reporters from the Danggang TV Station. They arrested my second older brother, my wife, two friends and me. My wife and I were put in the same police van.

Six or seven police officers took my wife and me to an apartment I rented to produce truth-clarification materials. They took away an HP copy machine, some Dafa materials, paper and ink cartridges. We were put back in the police van with handcuffs on. We were not allowed to sit down, having to stand in a narrow passageway. On the way to the Xiangyang Police Station, a sharp stop caused my wife to fall forward. Her head, her torso and legs forcefully hit the vehicle's front bridge, and she immediately became dizzy. The police ignored my request to send my wife for a medical exam. We were taken to the Xiangyang Police Station, and a few hours later were sent to the Donggang Detention Center.

Around 8 or 9 a.m. two days later, I was taken to a room on the second floor in the detention center. Four or five police officers were in the room, including Liu Hua, head of Donggang Police Department. Liu Hua asked me to “confess to the crime”, and I told him there was nothing to confess. He hit me in the face so hard it immediately knocked me to the ground. He and the others in the room began kicking me.

Then they threw me into a police car and took me to the Huayuan Police Station. I was taken to a room where there were two metal cages along the wall. A young, strong police officer in the room came upon me as soon as I was taken into the room. He knocked me to the ground and stomped a few times on my head. Then he sat down behind a desk. The name of the young officer is Yu Lizhi; he was assigned by the police department to interrogate me. The former head of the police station and several other officers were also in the room during the interrogation.

Torture Illustration: Beating

Since I refused to confess to what they wanted me to confess to, Yu ordered them to put me in the cage. I was hung up in the cage with my arms cuffed to the cage. Then they beat me badly on the face and head. The former head of the police station started to shock my hands with an electric baton. Sparks shot out, and a smell like baking eggs was emitted.

Officers took turns interrogating me for six days and five nights. I was forced to stand in the cage and was not allowed to sleep. When I was sent back to the detention center, the inmates in the cell were surprised to see me. They thought I had been beaten to death. The torture left my wrists numb, which took more than three years to return to normal.

Imprisoned for Thirteen Years

Soon after that, I was sentenced to 13 years in prison. On September 23, 2004 I was sent to Dabei Prison and detained in the No. 9 Prison Ward. It was arranged that four or five inmates would monitor me. Because I refused to write the “guarantee statement” to give up my belief, the guard instigated inmates Meng Fanming and Yang Lin to beat me. They attacked me one night in the storage room after we finished the forced labor. They beat me on my back with a plastic pipe, which severely bruised my back. I was in extreme pain and was unable to lie on my back at night for over a week.

One time Wang Chi (head of the No. 15 Division) and Du Yong (team head) instigated the head inmate to beat me because I refused to be “transformed” and refused to do slave labor. More than 20 inmates took turns beating me four or five times over three consecutive days. Then head inmate Wang Yongjun brought two new inmates Li Chong and Wu Zhong with him. They took me to a storage room where there were no surveillance cameras. They brutally beat and kicked me. Li Chong kept striking me on my left side. When Wang Chi learned that my family was coming to visit me, he rashly sent me to the Strictly Controlled team, as he could then refuse the visit – seemingly to prevent my family from discovering I was beaten.

The beating caused extreme pain in my side and my kidney. I urinated blood. After doing the exercises and reciting the teachings of Dafa, the bleeding stopped one week later. It took nearly two months to for the pain in my ribs to go away. My ribs must have been fractured.

I was transferred to the No. 1 Prison of Shenyang City and detained in the No. 9 Prison Ward in the middle of April 2007. (The No. 9 Prison Ward was later renamed the No. 10 Prison Ward.) Since I refused to be brainwashed and do slave labor, I was called to the guard's office upstairs just after Labor Day on May 1, while other inmates were doing a drill in the courtyard. Gao Zhengkui (head of the Prison Ward) and around ten guards were there. Gao asked me to participate in the “transformation” programs and to do slave labor. I said I couldn't do so since I was innocent and had broken no laws.

The director of guards Zhang Ge took a one-meter long electric baton to shock my hand. When I called out, “Falun Dafa is good!” He started to shock my mouth and my head, and the force of the shocks knocked me to the floor. Several other guards together came upon me and kicked me. They took turns shocking me until the inmates from the courtyard came upstairs. I was carried to the Strictly Controlled team and held there for one month. Since I did not relent, I was again sent to the Strictly Controlled team right after I returned to the regular prison ward.

In general, during the more than 10 years in prison, because I refused to be brainwashed and do slave labor, I was sent to the Strictly Controlled team more than 10 times, with each duration there being more than two weeks.

In March 2012 the steadfast practitioners in the No. 1 Prison suffered a very dark period of forced brainwashing. Led by Wang Wenwu, head of the No. 1 Prison, the guards in different prison wards intensified their persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.

Torture Illustration: Tiger Bench

Yan Tianxiang (from the Prison Education section) and the guards from the No. 10 Prison Ward put me on a tiger bench on March 14. I was held in a room with all the windows sealed with black cloth. A large TV was put on a table right in front of me, less than two meters away. The TV continuously played around-the-clock videos that slandered Falun Dafa and the founder of Falun Dafa at the maximum audio volume. Two guards and six inmates took three shifts to monitor me. I was not allowed to close my eyes. I was tied to the “tiger bench” and was not allowed to take a break, even while eating or having a bowel movement. I was tormented this way for three days and two nights. Being exhausted and with the constant noise, my brain almost “exploded”. Since I was fixed in one position on the “tiger bench” for a long period of time, my torso was injured. I still feel discomfort, pain, numbness and weakness in my torso, three years later.

Simply because I practice Falun Dafa, I was arrested and detained in detention centers, labor camps and prisons, and suffered a long sentence in prison. I was subjected to insult and mistreated physically and mentally while in detention.