(Minghui.org) Ms. Deng Shushu, a Falun Gong practitioner from Shandong Province, filed a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese communist regime, on June 16, 2015.

She was arrested five times between 2000 and 2002 for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, and her family was also implicated in the persecution.

Ms. Deng's Complaint

Fifth and Most Recent Arrest: Disabled after Fall from Third Floor Window

Yu Xinpo, a security department employee at my workplace, asked me to come to his office for a brief talk in October 2002. When I got there, the police arrested me and took me to a brainwashing center.

At the center, six people immediately started to slander Falun Gong in an attempt to “transform” me.

The next thing I remember, I had fallen out of the window. I have no recollection of how it happened, but the police told my husband that I had jumped out.

My husband asked why they hadn’t stopped me and was certain that I would never jump out of a window in my right mind. He held them responsible for my injuries since the incident happened while I was in police custody. They had no response to my husband's accusation.

X-rays at the hospital showed a fracture in my lower back and a broken left ankle. My injuries required immediate surgery, and my husband made the decision to go ahead because I was unconscious.

First, they stopped the bleeding in my abdomen. Some time later, I had back surgery.

I remember excruciating pain, as if thousands of needles were stabbing me. I could not sleep for three days.

I was told that a metal plate had been inserted into my back, and my heel bone was gone because of an infection. It is still very difficult for me to walk today.

They kept me in the hospital for about five months. When I was sufficiently recovered, I went back to work, but I was fired shortly after I returned.

Fourth Arrest: Forced to Pay 2,000 Yuan

I was arrested for a fourth time in November 2001. About five people pushed me down, picked me up, and carried me down the stairs. They put me into a van and took me to the detention center.

At the center, I could not keep food down and developed chest pain, shortness of breath, and an irregular heartbeat. They took me to the hospital and I was given an IV.

I was in and out of consciousness on my way back to the detention center. After about two weeks, I was released after the detention center staff extorted 2,000 yuan from my family.

1999 to 2000: Arrested Three Times

Shortly after the persecution began, I was on my way to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong, I was stopped at the local railroad station, arrested, and held in the local police station overnight. Staff from my workplace picked me up the next day.

Liu Shuzhi, the security director where I worked, called me into his office during the winter of 2000. Two police officers demanded that I tell them who gave me the Falun Gong material. I refused to cooperate, so they arrested me and took me to a local lockup.

They had my family pressure me to give up my belief. My sister and her husband, out of fear for my safety, beat me and demanded that I cooperate with the police. My father, who was in his 70s, cried and begged me to give up Falun Gong.

After 15 days in the lockup, I was transferred to the local detention center, where I was held for a month and forced to do hard labor.

Shortly after my release from the detention center, I was arrested again and taken to a brainwashing center, where I was held for 45 days. I had to watch videos slandering Falun Gong, and was ordered to write a guarantee statement that condemned my faith. I was also forced to work in the fields.

Falun Gong Is Responsible for Improvement in My Mental Health

When a close family member passed away in 1994, I was filled with grief and had a nervous breakdown. It was an experience that I do not wish to repeat, as I could not sleep or keep food down. I was also restless, anxious, and fearful. The medication I was given was of no help.

Someone told me about Falun Gong. After I took up the practice, my mental state improved. Not only did I notice many changes in myself, my relationship with my family improved and I was energized.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 17 years. Countless practitioners have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ called the 610 Office on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides the authority of the police and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directives regarding Falun Gong: ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising their right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.