(Minghui.org) Ms. Chen Xiuling, a Falun Gong practitioner in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, filed a criminal complaint with the Supreme People’s Procuratorate on May 27, 2015, against Jiang Zemin, the former Chinese dictator, for her daughter’s death.

Daughter Dies Due to Persecution

Ms. Chen Xiuling’s daughter, Chen Ying, died at the age of 17. Her case was the first one listed on the Minghui website, and she was the first practitioner who died due to the persecution of Falun Gong.

Ying (and other practitioners) went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on July 22, 1999. The police attempted to arrest her twice, but she managed to walk away.

Ying was illegally arrested on August 15 and taken to the Beijing Branch Office of Jiamusi. Li Chunyou, from the Jiamusi Police Department, handcuffed Ying and refused to give her food or water.

Li and other officers took Ying back to Jiamusi by train the next day. They beat her, threatened and insulted her. They also didn’t allow her to close the door when she used the toilet. Ying managed shut the door and jumped from the train window.

She tried to stand up twice after jumping from the train, but could not. She was taken to Fengrun Hospital and died that night.

Ms. Chen Xiuling was allowed to see her daughter’s body on the morning of August 18. The family paid about 800 yuan, the cremation fee, but did not get Ying’s ashes until recently.

CCTV used Ying's death as part of their propaganda campaign against Falun Gong. On August 19, they broadcast news of the young woman's death, saying she was delirious and tried to commit suicide several times.

Mother Forced to Sign False Document Filed with Human Rights Conference

Ying's mother, Ms. Chen Xiuling was arrested on the way to Beijing on February 29, 2000 and taken to the Jiamusi Detention Center. Chen Wanyou and Zhang Hongyu forced her to put her fingerprint on a document they fabricated about her daughter’s death. This document was presented to the Human Rights Sessions in Geneva to cover up the fact that Ying died due to persecution.

Ms. Chen has also endured seven years of persecution herself. She was initially arrested on June 3, 2000 for practicing the Falun Gong exercises outside and was held for 9 days.

She faced a subsequent arrest in November 2000 and was sent to Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp in March 2001 and again in April 2003. The first detention term was about 10 months and the second term was three years.

Ms. Chen was arrested again in August 2008 and taken to Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp for the third time and eventually transferred to the Heilongjiang Women’s Drug Rehabilitation Center in December 2009.

Her most recent arrest was on July 2011, when she was talking to people about Falun Gong. She was released after being held for 88 days and extorted for 2,600 yuan.

Ms. Chen was beaten and shocked with electric batons while in detention. She was also deprived of sleep, force-fed and had her arms handcuffed behind her back for long periods.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 17 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.