(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Jingjie is a Falun Gong practitioner in Xiaohabai Village, Heilongjiang Province. She was arrested on December 10, 2012, and was sentenced to three years in prison. While she was detained in Heilongjiang Women's Prison, she suffered brutal torture such as solitary confinement, beatings and being pierced with needles. She was once near death after being tied up with tape and suffocated. She survived and was finally released.

Shackled and Chained During Detention in Qiqihar

Ms. Wang Jingjie was arrested with other practitioners, including her father, Wang Zewei. They were taken to Taha Township Police Station. The police searched her home and took her computer, laptop, cell phones, printers and cash totaling over 6,000 yuan.

The following day, she was taken to the No. 2 Detention Center of Qiqihar City, and she went on a hunger strike. Then Ms. Wang was shackled around the clock, restricting her movements.

Ms. Wang had been handcuffed and shackled from behind for 16 hours during a previous detention. Then she was shackled and chained in front during yet another detention.

Four-Day Intense Brainwashing Session in Heilongjiang Women's Prison

Ms. Wang Jingjie was sentenced to three years in jail by Fuyu County Court on May 13, 2013. She was sent to Heilongjiang Women's Prison on August 29, 2013. She was detained in No. 14 Team and No.11 Wards, also called the “Transformation Team,” which was created to confine and persecute Falun Gong practitioners.

Ms. Wang was subjected to intense brainwashing starting on August 30, 2013. She was forced to sit straight on a small stool with both hands placed on the knees. Ms. Wang was restricted from moving, and was beaten for the slightest movement. She was deprived of sleep during the four days of the brainwashing. She had been slapped in the face, kicked and punched, stabbed with needles, and her hair was yanked. She was often restricted from the bathroom.

Ms. Wang and three other practitioners from the two wards were forced to sit on a small stool for over 20 hours a day for nine days after they had refused to do hard labor on September 1, 2014.

Ms. Wang was then transferred to the No. 9 Team of No. 11 Ward on September 9, 2014. She was tortured for three more days by being kicked and punched while tied to a chair.

Ms. Wang was again transferred, this time to the No.14 Team of No.11 Ward for refusing to do hard labor. She was beaten by the inmates and forced to sit down. They tied Ms. Wang up tightly with tape and pressed her on the ground. Ms. Wang was suffocated to near death.

Ms. Wang was sent to solitary confinement on July 14, 2015, where she was detained for two weeks. One of her hands was cuffed to the floor for 24 hours, so she was unable to stand. She was confined in a small place where she ate, slept and had to relieve herself. After her confinement, she was sent to the “Strictly Monitored Team” for one month.