(Minghui.org) I began practicing Falun Gong at the end of 1998. Before the persecution, I studied the Fa diligently and practiced all five sets of exercises every morning.

Before I practiced Falun Gong, I suffered from heart disease as well as other illnesses. Not long after, all my illnesses disappeared and my mind was purified. I even looked younger than before I practiced Falun Gong.

A Narrow Escape

I work as a welder. When I was working behind a one-ton iron plate that was over six feet tall, I was unaware that the iron plate had shifted and was falling down towards me. Suddenly, I was pulled away from the plate by an unseen force. Everyone around me was amazed. Then, the iron plate fell down and the edge landed at my feet. I knew that Master saved my life. My heart was deeply moved.

Another time, a colleague and I were cutting an iron plate. He accidentally hit one of my knees with a hammer. It was extremely painful. My boss suggested that I go to the hospital, but I went home instead. At home I studied the Fa as usual. Although, I still could not walk, I was not afraid.

The next morning when I woke up, I saw a large orange-red Falun. It covered the whole ceiling of my room. It was turning around and around and emitted a bright light. There were also numerous small Faluns of different colors in my room. It was truly amazing. I realized that Master was rewarding me for my steadfast righteous thoughts. After a few days, my knee was fully recovered and I went back to work.

Ignoring Master's Hints

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin, the former leader of the Chinese communist regime, launched the persecution against Falun Gong. Suddenly there was no group Fa study or group exercises and it was devastating.

That was a time when I began to neglect Fa study and doing the exercises. I became occupied by house chores, computer related tasks, video games and web chatting. I almost forgot what Dafa was about.

But even so, Master still dropped hints. Power outages and Internet breakdowns occurred often, but I did not realize that these were warning signals from Master. I checked with neighbors to see if they had similar troubles, but strangely, they did not experience any problem. I fixed my Internet connection and carried on without realizing the real reason why these things happened. I even went to night clubs with my old classmates.

Soon, more troubles started to emerge. I had flu-like symptoms and lost my appetite in May 2000. Gradually my hands started to tremble. I felt short of breath when walking and suffered from an accelerated heart beat. My face became bluish and I could only walk about three steps at a time. Then, I lost a lot of weight. But, I did not wake up and was still addicted to surfing the web. My mother, husband and child were frightened. They tried to take me to a hospital, but I refused, which upset my husband.

Although I was not diligent in cultivation, I believed in Dafa and Master, so I refused to be taken to a hospital. Seeing my faith in Dafa, Master did not give up on me and continued to give me hints.

Saved by a Dream

I had a dream. There was a tube hanging down from the sky giving me an intravenous flow of clear clean water. In the middle section of the tube there was a container filled with clear water that was pumped into my body. At the same time, an Internet friend was trying to inject black water into the container of clear clean water. There were other Internet friends that looked like devils. Suddenly I was jolted awake and sat up in bed. After calming down, I deleted the list of my Internet friends on my computer.

In an instant my body relaxed and I felt comfortable. I could breathe normally and my heart beat became normal. I burst into tears and said to myself, “I am a disciple of Falun Gong. I have let Master down, but Master didn’t give up on me and still looks after me.” I felt that there was no way that I could repay Master’s kindness.

The period of failing to see and relinquishing my attachments lasted for almost three years. When I compared myself with the requirements of a true cultivator of Falun Gong, I felt that I had tarnished its image.

Deep Regret

Someone said, “She is in such bad health, yet she practices Falun Gong. Is her poor health a result of practicing Falun Gong?” Some friends tried to persuade me to quit the practice. They did not think that I could clarify the truth about Falun Gong to others because of my condition. They asked me to give up Falun Gong.

I held deep regret because I had tarnished the image of Falun Gong and wanted to repair the loss I had caused. I started to study the Fa about four hours every day and did the exercises every morning. I became diligent again and my health improved. But, I still did not do well when talking to people about Falun Gong.

I then had another dream. I went to a theater. There were many people waiting for the show to begin. But the show was canceled. When we were trying to leave the theater, I came to a very steep step and wondered how I could leave. After waking up, I understood that I had too many attachments.

With every step in cultivation, Master is looking after me. There was not any reason for me to not completely give up all attachments and be a diligent disciple.

Returning to the Cultivation Path

Before the New Year, a practitioner and I gave out desk calendars and couplets with messages about Falun Gong at a local market and a shopping center. We gave them to everyone we met and were not scared.

Next, the suing Jiang initiative gained momentum. Initially I did not recognize its importance and was filled with fear. By studying the Fa, I gradually gave up my fear and mailed my complaint against Jiang to the Supreme People's Court and the Supreme People's Procuratorate. I felt calm and the fear had disappeared without a trace.

During the past 16 years of Falun Gong cultivation, I have often slacked off. I was afraid and filled with many attachments. I became lost.

From now on, I will try my best to remove all my remaining attachments, and keep pace with Master’s Fa-rectification.