(Minghui.org) Ms. Bai Fenqin of Qingyang City has suffered brutal abuse during since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its persecution of Falun Gong in 1999. She has been arrested, detained, threatened, blackmailed and interrogated.

Below is Ms. Bai’s account:

My name is Bai Fenqin. I started to practice Falun Gong in 1993. Before that, I suffered from many diseases, including nephritis, pneumonia and uterine fibroids. As my family was very poor, I could not afford to have an operation or other medical treatment. I could only lie in bed and wait for death. Fortunately, I found out about Falun Gong during that most difficult time. All of the illnesses disappeared completely within one year of practicing Falun Gong.

My husband began practicing Falun Gong in 1995 after witnessing my miraculous recovery. My 84-year-old mother started practicing Falun Gong. too. She became free of illnesses, and she never again had to take medicine. Most surprisingly, my mother can now read the book Zhuan Falun by herself. She was illiterate before practicing Falun Gong.

Later, my brother also started practicing. He recovered from a stomach disease without any medical treatments within three months.

By 1999, over 1,000 people in our city had joined the practice, and we strove to live according to the Falun Gong principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

In November 1999, just a few months after the persecution began, over ten policemen broke into my home. They took away Falun Gong books; a photo of Teacher Li (the founder of Falun Gong), and other personal belongings. They arrested me and my husband. My husband was released after they extorted 2,000 yuan from our family. An officer named Huang slapped my face so hard that my eyes became swollen.

Later, I was transferred into a detention center. I was shackled for an entire day for doing the Falun Gong exercises just one time.

After I was released from the detention center the next day, I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At Tiananmen Square, I was arrested and sent to the Haidian District Detention Center, where I was shocked with electric batons. My whole face swelled up. Later, I was taken back to a local detention center. Finally, I was released, but had to pay 2,000 yuan again.

One month later, I was arrested and held at a drug rehabilitation center for over ten days. Soon, I was transferred to the Gansu Province No. 2 Detention Center, where I was held for more than one year.

I was deprived of sleep, forced to do labor, and to stand and squat outside under the burning sun. When I refused to recite the detention center regulations, the guards had detainees beat and kick me. They cuffed me to a steel bed for a long time. My limbs still have pain.

On July 17, 2013, six officers from Qianyang police and the 610 Office broke into my home. I was babysitting my grandchild at the time. They took away Falun Gong books, truth-clarification materials, and other personal belongings, including my grandchild’s backpack.

I was detained at the Pengyuan Police Station for two days. They tried to send me to a detention center. Soon, I was released and went back home. They then extorted 3,500 yuan from my family.