(Minghui.org) Dr. Wu Qun, a 58-year-old physician from Chongqing, has filed a criminal complaint against former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin for his persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. Dr. Wu charged Jiang with illegal imprisonment, torture, and deprivation of his constitutional right to religious belief.

The complaint, filed on June 12, 2015 to the Supreme People's Procuratorate, details Dr. Wu's four years of imprisonment and three terms in forced labor camps as a Falun Gong practitioner. He was tortured at the prisons and labor camps.

Under tremendous mental distress from his persecution, his wife divorced him. At the time of writing, Dr. Wu is trying to avoid further arrest and cannot return to his home. He has been on the run from the authorities since his release on medical parole in January 2013.

Dr. Wu's Account of Imprisonment and Torture for His Belief

I was a doctor at the health clinic of Chongqing City Ceramics Manufacturing Company. After I was laid off, I opened my own pharmacy in 1997.

Even though I was a doctor, I had various diseases like nasitis, gastritis, and arthritis. All of these conditions disappeared after I began to practice Falun Gong in 1996. I tried my best to follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in my interactions with patients, colleagues, family, and friends. For a while, things went well for me.

However, everything changed when Jiang Zemin ordered the persecution of Falun Gong in July of 1999.

I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong; I hoped that if I told the government my own experiences and how I benefited from the practice, the government would know that Falun Gong was innocent.

But right after I returned home, I was arrested and sent to the Yudong Detention Center in the Banan District for 31 days.

In August 2000, officers from Lijiatuo Police Precinct in the Banan District broke into my apartment. I asked them to produce a search warrant, which they did not have. But they arrested me and took me to the Yudong Detention Center again anyway. I was later transferred to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp for one year.

When I was in the forced labor camp, I was brutally tortured because I refused to give up my belief in Falun Gong. Once, I tried to stop the guards from torturing a fellow practitioner in the camp, but policeman Ye Hua beat me until my ribs broke.

My ribs would be broken four or five times in that camp; I couldn't sleep well for half a year because of pneumothorax.

At the end of November 2001, I was tortured to the point of disability and was bailed out for treatment. The persecution went on.

In May 2002, policeman Tang Guozhi from the Chenjiawan Precinct came to my pharmacy and saw me reading Falun Gong books. He called for backup and sent me to Lijialuo Police Precinct. Soon I was sent to the Yudong Detention Center, and again transferred to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp for one year.

The third time I was sent to a forced labor camp happened in October 2004. When I was distributing materials exposing the persecution, policeman Wang from Lijiatuo arrested me. They sent me to the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp for two years.

One year after I was released, in December 2007, I was arrested by the Tuqiao Police Precinct and detained at the Yudong Detention Center for 31 days. It was because I had given Falun Gong materials to an elderly woman, and her daughter had turned me in to the police.

In June 2010, I went to Longren School in the Yuzhong District to give my classmate Yang Luhan a DVD with facts about the persecution. However, a teacher reported me to the authorities. Policeman Wang Yun from the Lianglukou Police Precinct in the Yuzhu District arrested me and detained me in the Liziba Detention Center.

After one year detention, the Yuzhong District Court sentenced me to four years in Yongchuan Prison, where I was again tortured to critical condition. I was released on medical parole in January 2013.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.

Related Report:

Doctor Wu Qun Subjected to Severe Abuse in Yongchuan Prison and Denied Family Visits