(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioners Mr. He Zubin, Mr. Zhu Yong, and Ms. Jin Yu were tried unfairly and sentenced on October 20, 2016.

The practitioners were from the Rongchang District in Chongqing.

Mr. He was sentenced to five years of arbitrary detention and fined 5,000 yuan. Mr. Zhu and Ms. Jin were each sentenced to two years arbitrary detention and fined 2,000 yuan. All three are appealing their sentences.

Mr. He is 39 years old. He was arbitrarily arrested, detained, and had his home ransacked many times in the past. He was twice sentenced to prison after unfair trials and held incommunicado. 

Knowing that local authorities were looking for him, he stayed away from home for many years to avoid repeated arrests and detentions.

in July 2003, Mr. He was arrested by police in Yongchuan, Chongqing. The police tortured him and burned his face with cigarettes because he refused to sign documents renouncing his faith in Falun Gong. He escaped while still in handcuffs. 

He was arrested again in Suining City in November 2004 and sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison. He was held in Wumaping Prison in Shichuan Province.

Mr. He and his wife were both arrested by Rongchang Police Department officers on April 19, 2015. Their son and daughter were left alone with no one to care for them. Mr. He's wife was arbitrarily detained for 37 days. Mr. He has been detained ever since.

Mr. Zhu is in his 40s. He was arrested in 2000 and detained for a month, followed by two years of forced labor. After being released, he was forced to go to another province to work in order to escape harassment by the police in his hometown. 

Ms. Jin is 43. To avoid arbitrary arrest, she was forced to stay away from home with her infant daughter in 2001. In 2003 she was arrested by officers from the Rongchang City 610 Office and taken to a local brainwashing center.

She was arrested again in 2005 and held in the Chongqing City Women's Forced Labor Camp for a year.

On April 19, 2015, she was again arrested. She was deprived of sleep and interrogated for four days and nights non-stop. She has been detained ever since.