(Minghui.org) A Shouguang City resident became an immediate target when the Chinese communist regime launched its nationwide campaign against Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline based on the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Ms. Wang Guirong, 64, has been arrested five times and sentenced to 3 years in prison for refusing to renounce Falun Gong. She feels lucky to have survived the repeated arrests, but two practitioners arrested together with her back in June 2001 died from torture only a few days into their detention.

Ms. Wang filed a criminal complaint against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin for ordering the persecution of Falun Gong that resulted in her ordeal.

Below is her personal account as detailed in her complaint letter.

Targeted Since First Day of Persecution

My eye disease and back problems disappeared not long after I began to practice Falun Gong in 1995. I also learned how to be a decent person and no longer took company-owned property (such as office supplies) home.

I was not the only one in my company that benefited from Falun Gong. A lot of my coworkers practiced too. Little did we know what lay ahead of us.

We were busy working on July 22, 1999 when we were summoned to an office to watch live TV – the anchor was announcing the government’s ban on Falun Gong.

The company executives separated us into different rooms, where they tried to force us to write statements to give up Falun Gong.

I refused and they tried to intimidate my family instead.

Under Pressure, My Family Sent Me to a Mental Hospital

My company told my family that I’d be jailed if they failed to make me renounce Falun Gong.

Two days later, my husband and three brothers carried me to a local mental hospital. The doctors there gave me an injection as soon as I was brought in. I protested and told them over and over again that I had no mental disorder whatsoever.

Nobody listened to me. A few people held me down to pour a liquid drug into my mouth.

I wasn’t released until three days later and after my husband paid 400 yuan for my involuntary hospitalization.

My company sent people to monitor me after I returned home.

First Two Arrests

I managed to elude my monitors and went to Beijing in December 1999. I wanted to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but I was seized by police the moment I got to Tiananmen Square.

My company proceeded to suspend my salary and employee benefits. The police also ordered my son’s company to suspend him without pay for five months, and ordered him to stay home and watch me.

I wrote a letter to the Beijing Appeals Office in June 2000, but was arrested when I went there to deliver my letter.

Two police officers beat me until their clubs broke. My family was forced to pay 2,000 yuan before they were allowed to pick me up 15 days later.

Forced to Leave Home After Third Arrest

More than 10 of us local practitioners were arrested on June 4, 2001 while reading Falun Gong books at Wang Lanxiang’s home.

The guards at Shouguang Detention Center beat us savagely for three straight hours.

While I managed to survive, Ms. Wang, in her 60s, died three days later on June 7, and Li Yinping, 37, lost her life on June 9.

I was released on the day of Ms. Li’s death. Noticing the bruises all over my body, my husband took me to the police department the next day, trying to seek justice for me.

The police responded by detaining me and sending me to a local hospital. I walked out of the hospital that night when the police watching me fell asleep.

In order to avoid further arrests, I left home and went from place to place. As a result, I missed my son’s wedding and his baby’s birth.

Fourth Arrest Followed by 3-Year Imprisonment

I was arrested again on September 16, 2003. The police ransacked my home and confiscated all my Falun Gong books and other valuables, including 700 yuan in cash.

I was shocked with four electric batons simultaneously during a 4-hour-long police interrogation.

Not long afterwards, I was sentenced to 3 years.

The local 610 Office head was waiting for me on the day of my release, September 16, 2006. He intended to take me to a brainwashing center for further persecution. I refused to comply and eventually returned home with my husband hours later.

Fifth Arrest

I was shopping one July day in 2008 when the police came out of nowhere and arrested me. They didn’t release me until 49 days later.

I am still unable to live a worry-free life as the persecution hasn’t stopped. Every day, I face the prospect of another arrest because I refuse to renounce Falun Gong.

This is why I am calling for an end of the persecution by seeking justice against Jiang Zemin.