(Minghui.org) I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996 because of health issues. To my amazement, all of the persistent ailments I used to suffer from disappeared shortly thereafter.

Even now, when illness strikes or accidents happen, Falun Dafa helps me heal and recover. Thanks to Dafa, I have enjoyed good health for the past 20 years without needing any pills or medication.

Health Restored Soon after Learning Dafa

Before I started to practice Falun Dafa, I suffered from more than ten different health problems. I had issues with my major organs—my lungs, liver, kidneys, uterus, stomach, and digestive system. I had chronic skin problems, arthritis, anemia, and allergies. I was miserable and had to bundle up even on the hottest days of summer.

A friend introduced me to Falun Dafa in March 1996. I decided to start my self-cultivation after learning more about the principles of this spiritual practice. I learned the five exercises by watching Master's demonstration videos and started doing the exercises outdoors every morning.

To my amazement, many of my persistent and painful conditions were gone just a few short months into it. My comprehensive physical at work in November 1996 showed that I was perfectly healthy.

The doctors were baffled—how could the abnormal downward displacement of my stomach be healed without surgery? They recommended that I have an ultrasound, which confirmed that the placement of my stomach was now normal. I was truly healthy again. All the doctors thought that it was a miracle.

I told them it was all because of Dafa. When I got home that day, I burned all my medical records and medications. I knew I wouldn't need them anymore as long as I cultivated in Dafa.

Confidence in Dafa's Healing Power

I had a severe headache in February 2014, and my whole body ached as if I had the flu. When I went to my Fa study group as usual that afternoon, several practitioners asked me what was wrong—they could tell that I wasn't feeling well. I told them I was working through some sickness karma.

I felt ill the following couple of days, but I didn't pay much attention to it. I didn’t let it affect my daily life and did everything I normally do. I studied the Fa, did the exercises, sent righteous thoughts, and talked to people about Dafa and the persecution.

On the third and fourth days, I had difficulty urinating. My hands had become so swollen that I couldn't hold a rice bowl or chopsticks, and my feet swelled to the point that I couldn't squat. My temperature was 104.5 degrees Fahrenheit.

My nephew, who is a doctor, came to visit that day. He briefly examined me and said he could tell from the dark coloring of the swollen areas and other symptoms that it was a condition called purpura, caused by internal bleeding from small blood vessels.

He told me that two things could happen at any time: urinary poisoning, which would cause kidney failure, or internal bleeding. Either would be very dangerous. He insisted that I go to the hospital right away. I thanked him and told him I would be okay, because I had great confidence in Dafa's healing power.

That night, I sent forth strong righteous thoughts and asked Master for help. After I went to sleep, I had a dream where I was answering multiple choice questions. If my answer was right, the pain was alleviated and I was able to go to sleep for a little while. If I answered wrong, it felt like I was tied up and a hand was pulling my organs out.

I sent righteous thoughts every time I woke up and got relief from the pain. I then went back to sleep and continued to answer multiple choice questions. I fell in and out of sleep until I woke up at 4:40 a.m. I used the bathroom before I did my morning exercises and had no difficulty urinating. I was getting better thanks to Master's help.

I continued to study the Fa in the following days and sent righteous thoughts frequently. I didn't treat myself as a sick person and did everything I usually did. I completely recovered in just seven days. The skin on my entire body, especially on my hands and feet, started to shed in 20 days, and in about a month, I grew a new layer of skin.

Fractured Bones Recovered in 20 Days

I was hit by a motorcycle in February 2015. The motorcycle collided with my bicycle and hit me on my left ankle. It then pushed me and my bike across the street into a crowd on the sidewalk. Someone in the crowd shouted, “Look at that old lady! She's still standing after being hit and pushed by a motorcycle!”

The motorcycle rider quickly got up and left. My foot hurt so badly that I couldn't hold on to my bike. A young man came up to me and said, “Ma'am, you're practically in the crosswalk and might get hit again. Can you move further onto the sidewalk? Do you need help?”

I realized both my feet were on the ground, but I had no clue how I got off of the bike. My foot hurt so badly that I couldn't move. I asked the young man to move my bike to the sidewalk. He helped me to safety.

He saw that my left foot was bleeding and said, “I saw how you got hit by that motorcycle and pushed all the way to the side. You're very lucky to have only hurt your foot, but it/s in pretty bad shape. Try not to move.” He took out his phone and tried to call for an ambulance. I told him I would do that myself and thanked him.

I called a relative. Before my family arrived, I sent forth righteous thoughts nonstop and recited the Fa:

“Tis not that the journey of cultivation is painful,Karma from generation upon generation is blocking you.Steel your will,eliminate karma,cultivate xinxing,And become a Buddha who keeps forever the human body.”(“Cause and Effect” in Hong Yin)

My family got there quickly and insisted that I go to the hospital and get an x-ray. I told them not to worry, that I would recover soon by just doing the exercises at home.

When I looked at my injuries later that night, I found an open fracture in my ankle and a fractured bone in my lower leg. I could see the bone marrow leaking out. My left foot was bruised and swelling, and I couldn't let it touch the ground. I washed the areas with clean water and bandaged them to stop the bleeding. I sent righteous thoughts for an hour before the pain eased up. Then, I went to sleep.

When I was awakened by the pain, it was time to do the morning exercises. I slowly put my legs into the double lotus position. To my surprise, it didn't hurt much. In fact, it felt really comfortable as I meditated. But when I did the standing exercises, I sweat profusely and cried because of the pain. Thanks to Master, I finished doing the exercises.

I studied the Fa and did the exercises twice a day in the following days. I recovered quickly. By the end of the third week, I could already walk to the bus stop with the help of a cane, ride the bus to my mom's place, and help her with her chores.

Looking back on my journey of cultivation over the past 20 years, I have experienced many tribulations. Master has protected me every step of the way for me to have come this far. Thank you, Master!