(Minghui.org) Local police officers and personnel from the Neighborhood Association and the local management office tricked 72-year-old Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wu Yangzhen into opening her door on November 2, 2016. As soon as she did, they rushed in.

Ms. Wu's family resisted them for several hours, but the authorities still took her away. Her family has not been able to find out where she is. She was taken from her home in the Tianhe District in Guangzhou City.

Ms. Wu started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Because she refused to give up her belief, she was arbitrarily detained and persecuted several times in various locations, such as the Baiyun District Drug Rehabilitation Center, Sanshui Brainwashing Center, Jingtaijie Detention Center, and Shetou Women's Forced Labor Camp.

On July 3, 2015, Ms. Wu exercised her right to file a criminal complaint with the Supreme Procuratorate and the Supreme Court to sue Jiang Zemin, who launched the persecution of Falun Gong.

For two months prior to her arrest, Ms. Wu was harassed by telephone calls from the Neighborhood Association.

Surviving a Car Accident

Ms. Wu started to practice Falun Gong at the age of 53. Since then, her health has been excellent. She followed the principles of Falun Gong—Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance—to be a good person. She was a conscientious employee and refused to accept bribes. She was optimistic, compassionate, and honest.

In her criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, Ms. Wu wrote about her experience in a car accident as an example to highlight the goodness of Falun Gong:

"I was walking on Tianhe East Road on August 31, 2003, when I saw a bus stopped at the red light ahead, so I started to cross the road. A taxi didn’t stop, however, and hit me straight on. I flew into the air, hit the ground, and the taxi's rear wheel ran over my right foot.

“The taxi driver helped me pick up my shoes, which had flown off. He looked at my black toes and swelling foot, and he wanted to take me to a hospital. I told him that I would be okay. ‘I am a Falun Gong practitioner,’ I said, ‘and our Master has taught us to look inward when encountering hardships. We also follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, so we would never do what was seen in the TV program 'Tiananmen self-immolation.'

“The driver then drove me home.

“On the way home, he said, 'You really scared me. My legs are still trembling. I should treat you to a dinner sometime.' I told him it was not necessary and that if he could just mention what happened to his friends and relatives, he would be doing a very good thing. ‘True Falun Gong practitioners would do the same as me,’ I said. The driver was surprised and appreciated that I did not ask for any compensation.

“The next day, my sister saw that I was limping, and I told her I was hit by a car.

“A 60-year-old person, hit by a car, not claiming a penny for compensation—such a thing was rarely heard of among ordinary people. However, it was a common story among Falun Gong practitioners. In the past, I heard many similar stories from other practitioners. I never thought it would happen to me. If I had not practiced Falun Dafa, I would not have treated the driver like that, and I could have been seriously injured.”

Repeatedly Detained

In July 1999, after the Chinese Communist Party began its persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Wu started to clarify the truth and speak out against the unfair treatment of the practice. As a result, she was arbitrarily detained numerous times.

The details below were described in her criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin:

-Illegally Detained in Detention Centers and Brainwashing Sessions

I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in October 1999 and was arrested. I was escorted back to Guangzhou City by officers from the Guangdong Provincial Public Security Bureau. I was then detained at the Jingtaijie Detention Center in Baiyun District for 15 days.

From August 4 to August 10, 2000, the Baiyun District 610 Office put me in a brainwashing session in the Baiyun District Drug Rehabilitation Center. I refused to sign their statement declaring I would "give up my practice of Falun Gong." As a result, I was sent to the Chatou Women's Forced Labor Center for a year.

-Illegally Held in Forced Labor Camp

After a year in the forced labor camp for a year, my stay was arbitrarily extended for six more months. I went home on February 6, 2002.

In the labor camp, Falun Gong practitioners were forced to do overtime labor, stigmatized, and made to wear handcuffs and shackles. We had to wear red badges and were often sent to other labor camps for brainwashing.

An instructor at the camp, Huang Yu, told the criminals who were assigned to monitor Falun Gong practitioners, “If they don’t listen to you, you can use the same tactics we use in the drug rehabilitation centers.”

All Falun Gong practitioners were taken by bus to the No. 3 Division on September 19, 2000. On the way, the guards closed all the doors and windows of the bus and sprayed pepper spray into the bus. They punched and kicked us. At the No. 3 Division, they handcuffed us to bed frames. Those of us who would not sign a statement to give up Falun Gong were tortured with sleep deprivation, standing for long periods of time, sitting on small stools, and not being allowed any visitors.

-Two Illegal Detentions in Sanshui Brainwashing Center

Dean Pan from the company where I worked knocked on my door at 9:00 a.m. on June 20, 2002. He was used to figuring out how to get me to open the door. Several other people barged into my home. They said they wanted to take me to an “educational class.”

I told them that I did not need to attend any class. They ignored me and dragged me out the door, down the stairs, and into a car. They took me to Sanshui Brainwashing Center. I wasn’t released until January 2003.

From November 17, 2005, to April 5, 2006, 610 Office agents again detained me in Sanshui Brainwashing Center.