(Minghui.org) One of our local practitioners was arrested on December 12, 2015, for filing criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin, the former head of the communist regime.

This practitioner made a living collecting recyclable materials. The police claimed that he needed a certificate to collect the recyclables from the police station, so when he got there, members of the county domestic security team were waiting for him.

They asked him whether he had filed a complaint against Jiang and whether he practiced Falun Gong. He answered that he had filed a complaint and that he indeed practiced Falun Gong. They took him to the county police department and interrogated him.

When he did not return home, his wife went to the police station and was told that he had been arrested. She then asked practitioners near the station to send righteous thoughts. The news quickly spread to every local practitioner.

Police Refuse to Release Him

The local coordinators immediately discussed the situation and told the practitioner's family that they planned to go to the police station and demand his release. However, the practitioner's children, who did not practice Falun Gong, preferred to bribe the officials.

When the children were young, this practitioner and his wife were imprisoned for practicing Falun Gong. The children suffered terribly, and they were afraid their father would be imprisoned again.

The mother-in-law of the practitioner’s son knew someone in the police department. That person and the head of the domestic security team went to the detention center.

“If you admit to your wrongdoing, we will release you,” they told the practitioner. “If not, you will be sentenced to a minimum of five years in prison. Your daughter-in-law just had a baby. Your son's mother-in-law said that if you were sentenced, she would ask her daughter to divorce your son.”

“Filing charges against Jiang Zemin does not violate the law,” said the practitioner. “It is a citizen’s legal right. Do you really want to knowingly violate the law?”

The practitioner’s family was told that if he did not admit to breaking the law, he would not be released no matter how much money the family could pay.

Practitioners Step in

The practitioner’s wife and her fellow practitioners told the children the right way to handle the situation. “Your father is a Falun Gong practitioner. Our master has the final say.”

They and the family then cooperated to effect a rescue. Several practitioners went to the police department to demand his release, but the officials in charge of the case refused to meet with them.

Other practitioners sent righteous thoughts near the police department and sent letters to people about the persecution. Some made phone calls to tell people about Falun Gong and the persecution.

Legal Action

After a lot of inaction by officials, practitioners considered taking legal action. They contacted several lawyers and hired one.

The lawyer and practitioners visited the detained practitioner. The practitioners recited poems from Hong Yin to encourage him and reminded him to tell everyone the facts about Falun Gong and the persecution. These simple words strengthened his righteous thoughts.

The lawyer went to the arrest approval section of the Procuratorate to submit the required documents. The lawyer told the officials there that filing charges against Jiang did not violate the law.

The Procuratorate refused to accept the documents. After the lawyer threatened legal action, the Procuratorate staff threatened the lawyer and had him and the practitioner's family members removed from the office. They demanded that the lawyer remove himself from the case ant that the practitioner's family dismiss the lawyer.

The lawyer and the family went to the appeals section to submit the documents. Again, they ran into difficulties.

They also visited the police department, the standing committee of congress, and four other departments to submit the documents. Finally, the lawyer went to the Metropolitan Procuratorate, which accepted the documents.

Practitioners Cooperate as One Body

Several practitioners accompanied the lawyer and sent righteous thoughts to support him. Other practitioners sent righteous thoughts outside the detention center. Some went to the Political and Legal Affairs Committee of the township government, the police station, and the village committee to talk about Falun Gong and the persecution and to demand the practitioner’s release.

The practitioners looked inside for attachments and eliminated them, as well as corrected themselves based on the Fa. They firmly believed that Master had the final say on everything and that as long as they held strong righteous thoughts, the old forces would be eliminated.

The practitioner was released from the detention center 12 days later.