(Minghui.org) I am 79 years old and have been practicing Falun Gong (also known as Falun Dafa) for 21 years. Eleven different ailments disappeared within three months of my starting the practice.

I had lost the ability to work before I turned 50. I had to stop twice to rest when climbing to the fourth floor where I lived, I couldn't hold a basin of water, and I had to carry medicine with me all the time for my heart problem. Since I started practicing Dafa, I don't need to take medicine and my health is great.

However, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) doesn't care about the health benefits of Falun Gong. The head of the local Domestic Security Division and 17 police officers in seven vehicles ransacked my home on October 25, 2007. They confiscated my new car, a TV, computer, and 22,000 yuan.

My second son and I were arrested and taken to the police station. I was shouting “Falun Dafa is good” as I was forced into the police car.

My son and I told the police about Falun Gong and hoped that they would stop persecuting practitioners and choose a good future for themselves.

I told the police chief that he would be held responsible for his criminal behavior. He avoided making eye contact with me and said that he was only carrying out orders from his superiors. I told him that he should not do whatever his superiors tell him to do if the Constitution does not allow it.

I told the many police officers there that many people who had persecuted Falun Gong practitioners had died in their 30s or 40s. They listened carefully but didn’t say a word.

My son was taken to a detention center, where he had his neck, hands, and feet shackled for an entire month.

Torture illustration: Hands, feet, and neck cuffed

I was taken to the Shandong Province Second Forced Labor Camp a month later. My son was already there. He looked as though he had suffered a lot in detention, but he still firmly believed in Falun Gong.

I refused to sign my name when I arrived at the camp. They told me that I was not allowed to talk to anyone for a week, but I refused to obey their rules.

There were over 20 inmates in the building where I was placed. They all looked depressed. I chatted with them about the CCP's history and the crimes it has committed against the Chinese people. Many of the inmates listened attentively, and some nodded appreciatively.

One of the head guards could hear me from outside, and ordered two guards to speak with me separately. They tried to make me renounce my belief in Falun Gong.

A head guard, whose evil deeds have been published on the Minghui website, repeatedly ordered me not to talk about Falun Gong because they had computers and already knew what Falun Gong was.

I asked him, “Since you know that Falun Gong is good, why do you still harm innocent people for Jiang Zemin [the former head of the CCP]?”

“Because he is our country’s leader,” he replied.

I said, “Jiang sold our country's land and instigated the killing of college students in the Tiananmen Square Massacre. He is the mastermind of the persecution and killing of Falun Gong practitioners. Why do you follow him?”

The guard's face turned pale and his hands shook. He kept waving for me to leave his office.

One inmate talked to me for over an hour about his belief. He was a writer and used to practice Falun Gong. The guards forced him to renounce his belief and he began to believe in a crooked form of Buddhism instead. It was the third time he had been detained in that labor camp.

I told him that he shouldn't get others to learn crooked Buddhism as it would not only harm them but would harm him, too. I advised him to stop doing that immediately.

A guard visited me about an hour later and said that they had decided to release me. He wondered what reason they should use to let me go home.

I said, “It was wrong to bring me here in the first place. It is right to release me. It's called correcting wrongdoings.” He left without saying anything.

I was released on December 15, 2007, and told that I would be put under house arrest for a year and a half.