(Minghui.org) I have reached the age of 72, but was introduced to Falun Gong before 1999, when the persecution started. I did not treat cultivation seriously at that time however. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution, I stopped practicing. With the help of fellow practitioners, I returned to cultivation in 2004.

More Than 10,000 People Quit the CCP

Every morning I memorize poems from Hong Yin by Master Li, the founder of Falun Gong, and study one or two lectures of Zhuan Falun, the main book of this cultivation practice. I practice the five sets of exercises daily, and have never missed a day.

I ride a bicycle to the outskirts of the city in the afternoon, to talk to people about Falun Gong. I give each person a Falun Gong pamphlet after they agree to quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. I ask people who did not join the CCP to recite “Falun Gong is good, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good,” whenever possible, and in times of danger. I have helped more than 10,000 people quit the Party.

Many people refused to listen to me, some threatened to report me to the authorities, and some tried to humiliate me. I treated all these as good things because they helped me remove my attachments. I remember Master’s teachings at all times.

I have experienced sickness karma at times, but as long as I could walk, I went out to talk to people about Falun Gong. I recovered quickly from any illness.

Master has paved the road for me, and I am bound to be successful as long as I think about Master and Falun Gong at critical times.

I have been arrested three times, and was released each time. I know deep in my heart that Master was protecting me.

Released After 20 Hours

I stayed with my son for a while when he went to work in a northeastern city. Not many Falun Gong practitioners lived in that area, so few people there had heard the facts about Falun Gong. I decided to stay longer, so people could hear the truth about why this cultivation practice was being persecuted.

I studied the Fa every morning and handed out Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs in the afternoon. I explained to people that Shen Yun was bringing back China's cultural treasures lost because of the Party.

I was reported by a shopping mall manager on one occasion when I was distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. I was arrested and taken to a police station.

The police treated me like a prisoner. They demanded that I tell them my name, address, child’s name, and contact details. They claimed that my son would come to pick me up.

Master’s words were embedded in my mind. I knew that they had no right to persecute me. I did not answer their questions, and only told them about the goodness of Falun Gong, and why Jiang Zemin, the former head of the Chinese communist regime, persecuted Falun Gong. I was released 20 hours later.

This incident showed clearly what Master said in his poem:

“When disciples have ample righteous thoughtsMaster has the power to turn back the tide”(“The Master-Disciple Bond” from Hong Yin Vol. II)

Released the Same Day

Several months later, my son was arrested for handing out Shen Yun DVDs, while I escaped the police. I jumped on a bus. The police blocked off part of the city to find me.

I went to my son’s apartment and had to ask the community security guard to open the door. However he confiscated my identification (ID) card. A short time later about a dozen police officers arrived. They ransacked my son’s apartment and arrested me.

At the police station, I refused to answer the officers’ questions. Two officers pulled my belt off me, asked me to hold my pants and took turns beating me with my leather belt. They hit me until their bodies were soaked in sweat.

It was summer and I was wearing only a thin sweater, but I felt no pain. I wondered, “What’s going on here?” Then, I realized that Master had borne the pain for me. I cried thinking about it.

The local Domestic Security Department, the 610 Office, and the detention center refused to accept me. They had done a physical examination and found that I had heart disease and other ailments.

The police took me back to the police station. The police station director claimed that the Falun Gong materials and Shen Yun DVDs they had confiscated at my son’s apartment could put me in jail for ten years.

I was asked to hold a Shen Yun DVD in my hand so they could take a photo. I thought that there was nothing to be scared of, so I did as they asked and was released. I kowtowed to Master three times after I walked out of the police station.

Released After Six Hours

I was arrested a third time for handing out Falun Gong truth clarification materials to the police.

I had 100 copies of truth clarification letters printed at a print shop, and put each letter in an envelope with the note, “Please finish reading this letter to give yourself a good future.”

I handed out about 30 letters on the first floor of the police department. I then went home to get more letters. When I distributed the letters on the second floor, the head of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee caught me.

They called the 610 Office head, who came with several men to interrogate me. They did a body search. I told them nothing except that Falun Gong benefits people.

I said to them, “Stay away from me! No one is allowed to touch my things!” They all stood about one meter away from me. I showed them all the money in my pocket and said that they could not have it.

I also called my son, and told him that I had been arrested. I asked him to ask fellow practitioners to rescue me.

The 610 Office head kept berating and threatening me. I told the officers that they had no right to persecute me and that I had to go home today. I told them that my Master makes the decisions.

The 610 Office head and his men discussed my case for several hours. After six hours they decided to let me go home.