(Minghui.org) From the day I started to practice Falun Dafa in 1998, I have been on a path to return to my original, true self.

My parents’ home was in the mountains, with clear streams and a beautiful view of the countryside. But from the time I was little, I always felt that I belonged somewhere else.

My father was a fortuneteller, well versed in the Chinese horoscopes. He used to tell me stories of cultivators. Since I was little, I believed in the existence of Gods, Buddhas, and Taos.

My father had a fortuneteller friend who could predict the future accurately. One day he told my father that a God in heaven had descended to earth somewhere to the northeast of us.

I was 12 years old then and was enraptured.

“Can Gods truly walk among us?”

From then on, I had a strong desire to enter into cultivation. I thought, “How great it would be if I could practice and attain Buddhahood!”

I wanted to look for a Buddhist temple, but, for all kinds of reasons, I was unable to.

I kept pondering the meaning of life and the reason we live on this earth, but I couldn’t find an answer.

How I Obtained the Fa

One morning at dawn, I saw a red light emitting from a swastika shining in my direction from a distance away. Soon, everything was enveloped in a crimson hue.

It was so amazing, so divine. I felt something wonderful must be about to happen.

The next day, some strangers came to our village. I noticed a young lady I knew, so I approached her.

“What are you all doing here?”

She said, “These are Falun Gong practitioners from the county. They are here to teach us the Falun Gong exercises. Do you want to come along?”

I followed the crowd to the exercise site and found it full of people. I felt an immense field of energy. I was stunned.

I asked one of the strangers, “Can Falun Gong help me cultivate?”

He told me, “Falun Gong is a genuine cultivation practice.”

“I have Bodhisattva statues at our house. Can I join your practice?” I wanted to know.

He said, “I used to have Buddha statues in my house, too. I gave them all away. Just give yours away, too, and it’ll be okay.”

So I did and joined the rank of practitioners.

It was cold that day, but when I was learning and doing the exercises, I felt warm.

I got hold of Falun Gong’s main text, Zhuan Falun, and started reading it.

When I opened the book and saw Master’s picture, I experienced a sudden burst of sadness and gratitude.

Deep within my heart, a voice called out, “Master! You have finally come! I’ve been looking for You for so long! If I couldn’t find You, I wouldn’t be able to return home!”

The profound nature of Master’s simple Fa principles enlightened my original, true nature. I knew this was what I had been looking for all my life. I’d found my way home!

From the first lecture to the ninth lecture, Master continued to enlighten me on how to cultivate! I was so excited, I felt so lucky. I firmly believe in Dafa and will never stray. I cherish Dafa more than I cherish my own life. There are no words to express how I feel.

The first time I did the meditation, I sat in the full lotus position for the entire time. From then on, no matter how much pain I might be in, I remind myself, “Aren’t you looking for a cultivation way? Now you’ve found it. You must endure.”

After practicing for three months, a small television screen appeared in my forehead. I realized I had acquired the supernatural ability of precognition and retrocognition.

Going to Beijing to Validate Dafa the First Time

On July 20, 1999, the Communist Party began its brutal suppression of Dafa and its disciples. In October, the practitioners in our village decided to go to Beijing to protest.

A little over two dozen of us went to the train station in a neighboring district to buy tickets. The county police there arrested us and put is in the county detention center.

In the detention center, we were badly mistreated, cursed at and beaten. At one point, they forced me to bend at a 90-degree angle and put a basin filled with water on my back.

I was detained for half a month and fined 3,500 yuan.

We were not allowed to go home unless and until we declared that we would stop practicing Falun Gong.

I explained the facts to the deputy head and told him that Falun Gong teaches people to be good.

Eventually he understood the truth behind the persecution and set me free of his own accord.

I knew it was Master’s arrangement, that Master was watching over me.

Going to Beijing to Validate Dafa a Second Time

In December 2000, a new deputy secretary was assigned to our village. The new secretary required all practitioners to sign a guarantee to stop taking part in Falun Gong practice.

Practitioners were warned that, if we didn’t sign the document, officials from the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp would come and get us and the expenses incurred would be on us. If we couldn’t pay, our possessions and our homes might be taken away.

This was outright blackmail, so I decided I had no choice but to go to Beijing and protest.

Tiananmen Square was heavily guarded. When I got to the center of the Square, a lot of students happened to be passing by.

I thought, “These lovely children have been coerced to listen to the lies of the evil Party. I must let them know that Falun Dafa is good!”

So I unfurled my Dafa banner, raised it high, and called out for all to hear, “Falun Dafa is good! The Master of Dafa is innocent! The Party lies!”

The Beijing police arrested me and turned me over to my local police, who took me back and put me into the county detention center, where I went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention.

I was then sent to Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp in Fushun, where I was tortured. They hung me up high, made me crouch for long periods of time, and deprived me of sleep. None of the abuse diminished my belief in Falun Gong or my determination to cultivate.

In the labor camp, guard Guo Shengwei wanted me to write the mandatory "transformation" statement, but I refused.

He asked me if I had a taste for the electric baton.

I said, “I haven’t broken any law. All I’ve done is practice Falun Gong. My arrest was not legal.”

He turned on his electric baton. Sparks flew, accompanied by a disturbing “buzzing” sound. He meant to intimidate me, but I wasn’t cowed.

I thought to myself, “I practice Falun Gong and live by its principles of Truthfulness- Compassion-Forbearance. The electric baton can do me no harm. I will not be afraid of it.”

Guo Shengwei made me stand against the wall and started to use his electric baton on me.

I maintained one thought: “Use your electric baton on me and nothing will happen. You can aim it at my head, my back, or anywhere on my body, and I’ll feel nothing.”

With that one thought, a miracle happened. Guo used the electric baton to shock me for a long time. I didn’t move. I didn’t react. I felt nothing. He finally gave up.

I said to him, “I have not broken any law by practicing Falun Gong.”

He confessed, “I know you Falun Gong people are all good.”

Gradually, he changed his perception of Falun Gong and practitioners.

After that, he never tortured me again.

I knew it was Master who protected me and that the power of Dafa had kept me from harm.

During those dark days in the labor camp, some practitioners without clear understanding of Dafa succumbed to the intense pressure of persecution and “transformed.”

The guards used these “transformed” Dafa disciples to try to force me to “transform” also. They instructed a dozen of these practitioners to make me sign a written “transformation” statement. I fought them with all my might. So the whole lot of them pinned me to the tiled floor and beat me. One of them grabbed my hair and smashed my head on the floor over and over again.

After a long while, they finally gave up.

I couldn’t tell how long that lasted, but the strange thing was I didn’t feel any pain. In fact, my head showed no discoloring or swelling. Indeed, I seemed to become a lot more alert.

Such is the wonder and magic of Dafa.

Some time in December 2000, my shoes were worn out, so I asked for a needle and thread to sew my shoes back together. The needle broke.

Guard Shi Qingyun said it was not a good omen.

I told her, “This is what is meant by: Rather be broken than be bent.”

I thought to myself, “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is always the most powerful and magnificent.”

Under the influence of my strong righteous thought, Shi Qingyun ceased treating me with arrogance after that.

In April 2001, guard Chen Linghua picked a dozen “transformed” practitioners to lure me into the warehouse. They grabbed my arms, pinned me down spread eagle, and proceeded to hit me repeatedly with hardwood flooring strips.

The beating went on for more than four hours, from eight in the morning till after noon. Every part of my body was beaten black and blue and swollen, including my head and face. My eyes were barely visible.

The amazing thing was, I didn’t feel any pain. I knew it was Master’s compassionate protection that was keeping me from harm.

Dafa is indescribably wonderful!

After I had gone on a hunger strike for more than 40 days to protest the persecution, the labor camp, afraid to be held accountable if anything should happen to me, sent for my family to take me home.

When my sister came, she found me in a terrible state. I had been so brutally abused that I was disfigured. My head and face were severely swollen, and my eyes were mere slits I couldn’t even see through.

Miracles in the Notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp

In 2008, officers Li Tao and Wang Dong from the county police department arrested me and took me to the station. From there, they sent me first to the Nankou Detention Center and later to the notorious Masanjia Labor Camp.

I began a hunger strike to protest the persecution. They used a special instrument to pry open my mouth and force-feed me without caring if I could swallow fast enough or not. They also used a spoon to stir up the contents inside my mouth.

When I couldn’t breathe, they used a dirty rag to wrap around my face, effectively covering my mouth and nose tightly.

I felt utterly suffocated. One thought flashed in my last consciousness, “Master, save me!”

When I finally came to, I was still in my righteous thought mode. I was thinking about Dafa rectifying the cosmos, destroying every evil.

I sat up and noticed I was in a vehicle that had stopped in front of a hospital.

Someone asked if I could walk. I said, “Yes!”

My response was met with shocked silence. Everyone watched as I got out of the vehicle and walked by myself into the hospital, where an X-ray of my chest was taken. Everything was okay.

The hospital director was not convinced. He was afraid he might be held accountable if I were to die later, so, before releasing me, he told the Masanjia captain to sign a statement guaranteeing that the labor camp would assume all responsibility if I were to experience unexpected consequences at a later time.

I knew I had been dead. It was compassionate Master’s power that had restored me back to life.

When I was escorted back to the labor camp, a male officer boasted, “Your energy is indeed powerful, but we have ways to eradicate your power.”

I told him, “What you say doesn’t count.”

I continued sending righteous thoughts. After a while, they all left me alone.

A female officer returned. She said to me, “You truly came back from the brink of death.”

The labor camp had me examined again, and everything was normal. They all witnessed and felt the wonder and magic of Dafa.

Some of the kinder officers couldn’t help but show their admiration. I took the opportunity to clarify the truth to them. A few of them actually started to read Zhuan Falun.

In the winter of 2009, officer Peng Tao called me into a room. He was almost six feet tall and his feet were very large.

He raised one foot and kicked me right in the chest. I flew into the air and landed heavily on the opposite wall, before sliding onto the floor.

I thought, “I practice Falun Gong. I have Master. I have Dafa. I’m okay. I’m not afraid.”

I picked myself up and walked back to where I stood before. He raised his foot again and gave me another kick in the chest.

Just like the first time, I flew into the air, hit the opposite wall, and slid to the floor.

Peng kicked me a total of four times. I am about five feet tall and weigh about 90 lbs. The amazing thing was, I didn’t feel any pain and wasn’t hurt at all!

I knew Master and Dafa were protecting me over and over again.

Amazing Dafa! Compassionate Master!