(Minghui.org) Many Falun Gong practitioners are now exercising their legal right to sue Jiang Zemin for launching the persecution of Falun Gong and causing them great harm and tremendous suffering during the past 16 years. The momentum of this new wave of lawsuits against the former Chinese dictator is on the rise.

The Minghui website receives copies of criminal complaints against Jiang from many practitioners daily. In this report, we present a snapshot of some of the practitioners whose copies of lawsuits were received by Minghui on September 8-9, 2015

These lawsuits are mailed to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate, which are required to process all criminal complaints filed by citizens, as of a recent ruling by the Supreme People's Court.

Brief Excerpts from Four Criminal Complaints

Ms. Guan Yunhua's husband died in police custody. His body bore marks of organ harvesting. His skull was split open, internal organs and one eye were missing, all his bottom teeth were gone and his whole body showed visible signs of traumatic injuries.

Ms. Guan was also illegally detained numerous times and tortured, including being shocked with electric batons for not giving up her belief.

Ms. Wu Xiaoying, a school teacher and single mother, was unlawfully arrested, sentenced to one year in prison and brainwashed. All this caused great fear and anxiety to her over-80-year-old mom and her young son.

Mr. Kao Fuquan, 63, is the former head of a research center and was granted numerous patents. He was arrested, detained, and tortured, which included sleep deprivation, severe beatings, electric shocks, the tiger bench, being hung up and burnt with cigarettes and a red-hot metal object.

Ms. Liao Haimei, 65 years old, is a former nurse in a hospital in Zhangshu City, Jiangxi Province. She was twice taken to brainwashing centers, twice sent to forced labor camps for a total of four years, and sentenced to three years in prison. While in the forced labor camp, she was tortured, including the death bed, for long periods of time, force-fed highly condensed salt water and unknown drugs, forced to stand for long hours, and hung up for three days and nights.

1. Ms. Guan Yunhua (关云华)

Profession: FarmerHometown: Wuchang City, Heilongjiang ProvinceDate filed: Not specified

Key Facts

Ms. Guan Yunhua, 48, filed criminal complaints against Jiang Zemin for her husband's tragic death and the persecution that she and her entire family have suffered.

“My husband Zhang Yanchao was tortured to death less than seven days after he was taken to the 7th Division of Harbin City Public Security Bureau. His body was battered beyond recognition, his skull was split open, one eye was missing and all his organs were removed,” Ms. Guan wrote in her complaint.

Mr. Zhang Yanchao

“The police tried to force me to sign a document, claiming that my husband was guilty of certain crimes. I refused, and they pulled my hair and beat me so hard that I fell to the ground in pain. Later, I went on a hunger strike to protest my imprisonment and torture. I was brutally force-fed.”

Ms. Guan was taken to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she was detained for 20 months and tortured, including being hung up, shocked with electric batons, and tied to an iron chair in September 2009. She had to perform hard unpaid labor.

Torture Reenactment: Hung up in the air

“My entire family lived in fear and terror, and my parents and mother-in-law suffered enormous pain and agony over the death of my husband.,” Ms. Guan wrote in her complaints.

Related ReportsFalun Gong Practitioner Tortured to Death in 2002; Widow Now Faces IncarcerationHarbin City Police Murder Falun Gong Practitioner Zhang Yanchao from Wuchang City, Heilongjiang Province and Mutilate His Body

Details of complaints in Chinese language

2. Ms. Wu Xiaoying (吴晓英)

Profession: TeacherHometown: Zhanjiang, Guangdong ProvinceDate filed: Not Specified

Key Facts

When Ms. Wu helped her over-80-year-old mom wash her feet, police broke into her home on October 18, 2006. They claimed that she was reported for processing Falun Gong informational materials. The police ransacked her home and confiscated personal belongings, including a brand new computer she had purchased for her son, who had just been admitted into a university, all her Falun Gong books, a voice recorder and her mobile phone.

Ms. Wu was taken to the Leizhou City No. 2 Detention Center, where she was interrogated repeatedly. She was also tortured by police.

She was sentenced to one year in prison with two years of probation in April 2007. However, the Leizhou City 610 Office detained her in a brainwashing center in Zhanjiang and tried to force the local court and the procurator's office to sentence her more heavily. They fabricated evidence against her to make this happen.

Ms. Wu is a single parent. Her unlawful detention and sentence caused enormous pressure and anxiety to her family. Her son was so upset that he found it hard to continue his studies at the university. Her elderly mom's health deteriorated rapidly.

Details of complaints in Chinese language

3. Mr. Kao Fuquan (考富全)

Profession: EngineerHometown: Zhaoyuan, Shandong ProvinceDate filed: Not Specified

Key Facts

Mr. Kao Fuquan, 63, is the former director of the Zhaoyuan Gold Mine Electric Appliance Plant. He invented products for which he received patents and national awards.

The Zhaoyuan 610 Office and local police broke into his house on January 16, 2001 . They ransacked his home and took him to the Mengzhi Police Station, where he was tortured with the tiger bench and shocked with high-voltage electricity for long hours. He passed out several times due to unbearable pain.

Torture Reenactment: Shock with Electric Batons

“I cannot remember how many times I passed out from the torture. Each time I passed out, the police would throw me to the ground or put me on a tiger bench. They tried to wake me up by burning me with cigarette butts or lighters,” Mr. Kao wrote in his complaints.

Torture Reenactment: Tortured on tiger bench

Police beat him with a thick wooden stick until his whole body turned black and blue. This went on for nine days and nights before he was transferred to the Zhaoyuan Detention Center.

Mr. Kao was given three years of forced labor at the Shandong No. 2 Forced Labor Camp in the spring of 2001. He was tortured in the camp. When he became too weak to even take care of himself, the labor camp gave him medical parole after they extorted 900 yuan from his family.

Mr. Kao soon recovered after practicing Falun Gong, but was arrested again by police on May 8, 2010 and taken to Zhaoyuan Brainwashing Center. The police tortured him with the tiger bench despite the fact that two of his ribs were already broken from violent beatings by police.

He was force-fed unknown drugs and beaten with wooden sticks and wire tubes. Mr. Kao passed out several times during the ordeal. Later the police tied him to an iron chair for five days and nights and deprived him of sleep.

Related ReportsKao Fuquan Tortured at the Lingnan Gold Mine Brainwashing Center in Zhaoyuan, Shandong ProvinceMr. Kao Fuquan from Zhaoyuan City Tortured in a Brainwashing Center, His Family Not Allowed to Visit HimThe Ordeal Suffered by Mr. Kao Fuquan and His Wife, Ms. Song GuihuaHusband Held for Months, Wife Arrested AgainDafa Practitioner Mr. Kao Fuquan Arrested after Incessant Harassment

Details of complaints in Chinese language

4. Ms. Liao Haimei (廖海梅)

Profession: NurseHometown: Zhangshu City, Jiangxi ProvinceDate filed: Not Specified

Key Facts

Ms. Liao Haimei, 65 years old, is a former nurse from the Zhangshu City People's Hospital.

She was arrested in October 1999 and taken to the Jiangxi Women's Forced Labor Camp for two years of forced labor. She was tortured with the death bed torture method for long periods of time for refusing to renounce her belief in Falun Gong.

Torture Reenactment: Death bed torture

She went on a hunger strike and was brutally force-fed. Her throat was infected and festered. When her term was up, the labor camp refused to release her and extended her term by another eight-and-a-half months.

She was arrested again in November 2002 for appealing for justice for Falun Gong in Beijing and was taken to the Zhangshu Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike for 11 days to protest the detention.

“One day in the afternoon, the police ordered five strong male inmates to push me to the ground and pry open my mouth with an instrument used on animals. They then inserted a sharpened bamboo tube into my mouth and force-fed me with condensed salt water. My whole body twitched from the pain and my blood pressure shot up to a dangerous level,” Ms. Liao wrote in her complaints.

She was taken to a forced labor camp, which refused to accept her, given her medical condition.

However, the police arrested her again two months later. She was given a three-year prison term and taken to the Jiangxi Women's Prison, where she was tortured. She was cuffed to a wall for three days and nights and her hands turned black and blue.

While in Division 2, she was forced to stand for long periods of time day and night. She went on a hunger strike. Therefore, the police ordered criminal inmates to cuff her hands to the iron window frame, pry her mouth open with a mouth opener and force-feed her with dry rice. Her gum and lips were badly injured and her whole mouth was covered in blood.

“I suffered repeated torture during the three years in Jiangxi Women's Prison. My weight dropped from over 60 kg to less than 40. I looked old and haggard, and my hair turned gray. People who knew me well could not recognize me,” Ms. Liao wrote in her complaints.

Even after her release, under a directive from the local 610 Office, the hospital withheld most of her salary and gave her only 300 yuan per month, which was later increased to 520 yuan.

Related ReportAtrocities in Zhangshu City Detention Center: 71 Year Old Woman Tortured to Death; Another Practitioner Force-Fed with a Sharpened Bamboo Feeding Tube

Details of complaints in Chinese language


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners in the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.